+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Time after Submitting Fingerprint

adamkia

Mar 23, 2015
Hi All,

I recently submitted my fingerprint to CIC. On the CIC website it is said non-routine application which can take up to 36 month :( Anyone has the experience of requesting fingerprint? May you please share your processing time?

Thanks

bazim99

Feb 8, 2011
Dubai
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
12-3-2009
VISA ISSUED...
16-2-2011
LANDED..........
20-5-2011
Hi, everyone is different , for me it took 9 months between the FP request and the test invite .. other ppl had a shorter timeline .. all the best !

LostinCalgary

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
I got finger prints requested on Oct 21ish, and approximately two business days later they invited me for test on November, so my understanding is that test invite and finger prints request were not dependent on each other. The status of my application changed to DM on January 1st. I'm a June applicant.

I don't think that non routine applications take a long time these days, hope your application is processed fast.

adamkia

Mar 23, 2015
bazim99 said:
Hi, everyone is different , for me it took 9 months between the FP request and the test invite .. other ppl had a shorter timeline .. all the best !
How long takes CIC receive your fingerprint from RCMP?

aloksh25

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
normally its 3 week process form fine print to get update on CIC system unless officer forget to update

adamkia

Mar 23, 2015
aloksh25 said:
normally its 3 week process form fine print to get update on CIC system unless officer forget to update
How long it takes CIC invite to the test after receiving fingerprint from RCMP?

hany_sams

Star Member
Mar 20, 2010
It's been almost 5 months now after submitting my fingerprints and no news. I have done test in July and FP in August....I think there is no rule of thumb here as to the timeline to process fingerprint but it all depends on the reason for which they requested the FP. It could be days or weeks or months.. Basically from 3 weeks to 12 months.

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
I got finger prints requested on Oct 21ish, and approximately two business days later they invited me for test on November, so my understanding is that test invite and finger prints request were not dependent on each other. The status of my application changed to DM on January 1st. I'm a June applicant.

I don't think that non routine applications take a long time these days, hope your application is processed fast.
Hello, I am from Calgary too. I tried calling CIC today but I cannot get through. Its been a month and 5 days since I had my fingerprints. Just wondering if they recieved it or not and also a bit worried because I have not heard anything from them after that. I check my email, e cas and mailbox everyday but I have no luck. Thanks.
Congrats!