+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing Steps for Spouse Visa

AlbaNuadh

Star Member
Oct 18, 2016
Hi everyone,
I have had a look around the internet and this forum but I couldn't find the answer to this question. So I apologise if there has been a similar post that I've missed.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the processing steps that happen once your application is received. Just to get an idea of where in the process I am. What do they do in each step? I applied in April and this screen in the GC Key hasn't changed since I linked my application.

Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of Medical Results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of Additional Documents: We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

For a note: I have been accepted as a sponsor. We started gathering documents before the new rules came in to place so we already had my husband's medical completed so we sent it with the application. We were requested to provide Schedule A and new photos- which we have but this was never updated. I had a message last week to say that our file had been transferred to the visa office in Mississauga.

I just don't know where I am.

Anyway,

Thanks everyone.

Queenrock10

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Philippines
Same here visa application is still in progress, after i passed the medical of july 2017 i haven't recieve any update from them. Visa office is in london june 2017 applicant. May i know is there any update on your application?

jairaj1987

Aug 17, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have had a look around the internet and this forum but I couldn't find the answer to this question. So I apologise if there has been a similar post that I've missed.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the processing steps that happen once your application is received. Just to get an idea of where in the process I am. What do they do in each step? I applied in April and this screen in the GC Key hasn't changed since I linked my application.

Application Status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of Eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of Medical Results: You passed the medical exam.
Review of Additional Documents: We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background Check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

For a note: I have been accepted as a sponsor. We started gathering documents before the new rules came in to place so we already had my husband's medical completed so we sent it with the application. We were requested to provide Schedule A and new photos- which we have but this was never updated. I had a message last week to say that our file had been transferred to the visa office in Mississauga.

I just don't know where I am.

Anyway,

Thanks everyone.
How long does it take after background check start?