+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing (Live-In Caregiver) Work Permit in Consulate in Seattle?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
What do you mean exit either in the Philippines?

majablanca said:
thanks for this additional info..this is a big help for us who really doesnt know ..so probably if i get approve through mail application I can exit either in the philippines then.

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
job_seeker said:
What do you mean exit either in the Philippines?
after recieving the approval,i will go home for a vacation and will enter canada with my new approved employer as live in caregive..so i can just get my new work permit in my port of entry back here..is that possible..please sudgest one ..coz i do'nt have US visa..and my work permit as contract worker will expire this march.thank you

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
It's okay not to have a US visa to obtain your WP from the Port of Entry (border closest to you). You can "flagpole". Let the CBP officer (US side) know that you're there to pick up your WP. You'll then be given an administrative refusal and be sent back to the Canadian side. Up to when is your current TRV valid?

majablanca said:
after recieving the approval,i will go home for a vacation and will enter canada with my new approved employer as live in caregive..so i can just get my new work permit in my port of entry back here..is that possible..please sudgest one ..coz i do'nt have US visa..and my work permit as contract worker will expire this march.thank you

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
job_seeker said:
It's okay not to have a US visa to obtain your WP from the Port of Entry (border closest to you). You can "flagpole". Let the CBP officer (US side) know that you're there to pick up your WP. You'll then be given an administrative refusal and be sent back to the Canadian side. Up to when is your current TRV valid?
i got valid TRV until march 31,2012 multiple

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
So if you submitted an application now, there's a very strong possibility you'll receive the passport with the visa before the expiration of your current TRV (that is if you're not called for an interview). If you get called for an interview, you'd need to apply for a US B1/B2 visa and there's a possibility of not being given one. Or as you have indicated, you can go back to the Philippines and then come back to start your LCP employment. You'd have to communicate with your prospective employer about your plan of leaving Canada before starting your employment with them. There's also a chance the officer at the POE will get in touch with your employer upon your return to verify if they're expecting a foreign worker to work for them.

majablanca said:
i got valid TRV until march 31,2012 multiple

majablanca

Nov 17, 2011
job_seeker said:
So if you submitted an application now, there's a very strong possibility you'll receive the passport with the visa before the expiration of your current TRV (that is if you're not called for an interview). If you get called for an interview, you'd need to apply for a US B1/B2 visa and there's a possibility of not being given one. Or as you have indicated, you can go back to the Philippines and then come back to start your LCP employment. You'd have to communicate with your prospective employer about your plan of leaving Canada before starting your employment with them. There's also a chance the officer at the POE will get in touch with your employer upon your return to verify if they're expecting a foreign worker to work for them.
i hope that there will be no interview..just what had happen when i got my visa in taiwan..thank you very much...actually were 2 workers approved for this LMO coz the employer need 2 for his disability case.will pass the application by thursday..thank you very much..hope to hear again from you if i got more questions..God Bless

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Hi guys,

I read all your comments and I am not quite sure about the flag pole option.
I am a resident of France (though originally from Germany) and I applied last weeks for my Work Permit in Paris under the LCP program.
Unfortunately the LMO process took way much longer than expected (14weeks) and I won't be able to start to work as a live-in caregiver for my employer Feb 15th.

I read on the CIC site that the processing time for a WP in Paris takes about 2 weeks plus a minimum of 2 weeks for a medical exam. I was wondering, once I have passed the medical exam, if I could already fly to Canada as a visitor and once I have received my letter of introduction could flag pole and get my work permit? I am lucky enough that my employer don't mind waiting but he did ask me if I could look into other options and try to get my permit while in Canada. I was sure that it was impossible because of the medical exam but maybe I could win some time with the flag pole option?

Any advice is very appreciated!

maricar.lala

Apr 2, 2011
Hi EbonyIvory,

You mentioned that your friend submitted his/her WP application for LCP thru Buffalo. Just wanted to confirm if he/she included police certificates (both in the Philippines and in Canada) in his/her application. As per the Buffalo VO website, it's one of the additional requirements for LCP. Any information you could share would be really helpful.

Thank you.

jmtinde

Oct 8, 2013
hi i'm a 23 year old filipino caregiver graduate and currently looking for a job...i'd love to learn more on how to get an employer.