+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing backlog for PR cards?

llbr

Feb 14, 2024
I sent in my PR card renewal in early August (expiry was end of November) and received an email saying it had been received. Since then no word at all. I used the online form - Client Application Status - which said "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided ". I also filled out the request for email correspondence and received a form thanking me for my request and re-directing me to the online status page. This is not my first PR Card renewal and clearly from the confirmation email they have my application. When I reached someone at Help Canada they gave me a phone number that did not work outside of Canada even though I told them I was not in Canada this week. I am super exasperated. Why is there no help? Any ideas for me? Thanks in advance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent in my PR card renewal in early August (expiry was end of November) and received an email saying it had been received. Since then no word at all. I used the online form - Client Application Status - which said "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided ". I also filled out the request for email correspondence and received a form thanking me for my request and re-directing me to the online status page. This is not my first PR Card renewal and clearly from the confirmation email they have my application. When I reached someone at Help Canada they gave me a phone number that did not work outside of Canada even though I told them I was not in Canada this week. I am super exasperated. Why is there no help? Any ideas for me? Thanks in advance.
Here's the number for those calling from outside Canada:
(613)-944-4000

You may also try sending a Web Form.

FWIW, people are currently seeing crazy fast processing times for PR Card renewals (some just over a week in total).

Good luck!

llbr

Feb 14, 2024
Thanks for the quick response but that number does not provide any info and sends me back to the ircc webform - "telling me to hang up now". Lovely.

Feb 5, 2024
Afghanistan
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
J1 Stu
NOC Code......
+93
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes