+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process times from nepal are ridiculous!!! pls help my caregiver get here!

EmilyMarie

Dec 31, 2008
MISSISSAUGA ONTARIO
The agency I work for (in Canada) has found a placement for a caregiver in Nepal. I was told by the agent in Nepal the processing time for the visa was about 2 months.. Great I thought. I contacted another agency and they said 3-6 months.. ok workable I Thought. So the employer was informed that the process times may take up to 6 months, she is ok with this but cannot wait any longer. I now contact the consulate in Nepal which is actually in New Delhi and they inform me it can take 28 months!!! OUCH!! The employer will of course not wait 28 months. I feel soo bad for the caregiver, she is great! She was soo close to coming here but I must inform the employer what I have jsut found out.. I know she will back out.. IS there anyway that the caregiver can apply for her visa out of China? or does she need to have worked in China first?
What can I do?? any suggestions!!

cambridgegal

Mar 14, 2009
In manila it takes 12 to 18 months. 24 months is too long. She can go to china or hongkong and look for work as a nanny. work there for a few months, then find canadian employer to sponsor her. I know a lot of Nannies who came from hongkong and it took only 3 months to process the papers.