+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Process Time

Niko

Oct 6, 2008
Dear all,

I have sent by mail my PR application and proof of application fees to Berlin office on 1st of August 2008. I applied as Financial Analyst with Dutch nationality. Can anybody give me a rough estimate of when will I receive the visa (if I receive it), assuming that my occupation will stay on the new occupation list that will be published in November?

I have seen on Canadian immigration department's website that the average process time for Berlin office is 23 months. This is a long time and I have heard that some people are waiting more than 3 years. I do not want to get old and then to receive immigration visa.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Under the new system, they have promised to have applications processed within 12 months or they will refund you the fees and you can decide if to apply again. Since they are just starting it, maybe give them 12 months starting at the date of the new rules published and not the application date. We will see how fast they are.

Niko

Oct 6, 2008
12 months! That is great news!

If I get my visa based on my skills as Financial Analyst can I, on my arrival in Canada, just take a job in another profession (e.g. to work as a fireman), cause I am sick of the office?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you have your PR, you can do whatever you want. Follow your dreams :)