App. Filed.......
15-07-13
IELTS Request
Med's Request
pre-med
VISA ISSUED...
Waheguru meher kare
Scotiabank Student GIC Program change of college

i have a problem,i applied for scotia bank student gic program based before paying my tuition fees(sended them fleming college offer letter) but my mind changed and i got offer letter from humber college and i payed the tuition fees but the problem is that i had earlier applied for scotiabank student gic and i had sended them offfer letter of fleming college,so i sended them mail regarding change of offer letter.they replied and told me to send the new offer letter self attested,i sended them the new offer letter but they haven't replied its been 8 days(if we dont count holidays). in the subject line i didnt write the word "follow up" but everything is correct,so why are they taking so much time,does anyone else have the same problem? is it alright to call them?

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
1. Student submits the following documents:-copy of passport (picture and the last page with signature)-copy of acceptance letter from a Canadian school-completed and signed copy of the Scotiabank Student GIC Program Application Form and Terms of Conditions. All copies need to be signed by the student

2. Scotiabank receives the documents and opens the GIC account for the student and notifies the customer (including IP reference number) to transfer $10,050.00 CAD to the account opened. The transferincludes a $50 CAD administration fee

3. Student remits $10,050 CAD according to remittance information below:Name of Bank: The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank)Branch Address: International Banking Division, Toronto, OntarioBranch Transit: 52712Institution Code: 002Swift Codes: NOSCATT to credit Front St, CAU #03996-NOSCCATTCOLScotia Student GIC Program-Attention Venice BotelhoRemittance information: Student Name: [First Name] [Last Name] and IP reference number provided to student by Scotiabank.

4. Scotiabank issues the Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) for $10,000 CAD and sends a confirmation email to the customer.

5. Student will complete and submit Study Permit application with a copy of the GIC confirmation to the visa office in IndiaApproved

6. Upon arrival in Canada, the student will need to go to any Scotiabank branch to activate the GIC and open a deposit account. The Student will be required to bring an original, valid passport, letter of acceptance to a Canadian Educational Institution (or student ID) and Welcome Package (sent with GIC certificate) to the branch. Once the account is opened, an initial amount of $2,000 CAD will be transferred to the student’s deposit account. The remaining amount will be automatically transferred in four (4) equal installments of $2,000 CAD every 2 months.Application statusDeclined

7. If student Study Permit/VISA application is declined or the student is unable to go to Canada for any other reason, the student should provide supporting documents from the Canadian Embassy to Scotiabank to apply for a GIC refund and account cancellation. Scotiabank will refund the GIC (less any fees) to the bank account from which the original amount was remitted to Scotiabank less $50 CAD administration chargeProcess for Applying for the Scotiabank Student GIC Program

:D :p 8) :p 8) :p 8) :D
Hi.
I have opened my scotia bank gic account but could nt find instructions for wire transfer..neithe the account number for transfer, just application number of few digits is there.

What could be done?