+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedures for Re-Certification to Teach in Canada

SUNIL DSOUZA

Nov 20, 2021
I have been teaching Science and Maths in the Secondary Section to students from Grades 5 to 10 for the last 20 years in a State Board Govt.-aided High School (affiliated to Archdiocesan Board of Education) in Mumbai, India. I have completed my B.Sc., M.Sc. and B.Ed. I am currently planning to migrate to Canada. I would like to know the general procedures for re-certification in Canada, for example, the course duration, course fees, etc.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have been teaching Science and Maths in the Secondary Section to students from Grades 5 to 10 for the last 20 years in a State Board Govt.-aided High School (affiliated to Archdiocesan Board of Education) in Mumbai, India. I have completed my B.Sc., M.Sc. and B.Ed. I am currently planning to migrate to Canada. I would like to know the general procedures for re-certification in Canada, for example, the course duration, course fees, etc.
It varies a bit from province to province. Here is the information for Ontario.

https://www.oct.ca/becoming-a-teacher/internationally-educated-teachers

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Education is a provincial jurisdiction so it will depend on which province you are planning to move to. Assume you have received ITA through Express Entry and have COPR. What province? Some provinces like Ontario have in person sessions for foreign trained teachers to attend and learn about the process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are some provinces where it is much easier to get licensed than others. Some areas require minimal or no extra education. These tends to be areas where it is tough to recruit teachers. Do you have PR?