+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to withdraw Online Citizenship application

newuser1234

Jun 17, 2019
@gsohi2011 - Did you withdraw your application already. When did you submit the application. I submitted online a week ago but looking to withdraw in favor of a paper application. Can you guide me please?

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
@gsohi2011 - Did you withdraw your application already. When did you submit the application. I submitted online a week ago but looking to withdraw in favor of a paper application. Can you guide me please?
Don't withdraw your online application. My paper application is stuck for a very long time. When things start moving online applications get processed very quick.

Dec 4, 2020
Thanks man for your advice, online method worked fine. Now should I send them the withdrawal form before applying again?
No prob.! Yes, you will have to officially withdraw before reapplying(even if they don't acknowledge your withdrawal immediately). It's just the stupid paperwork in govt. offices to document dates ya know. lol. But once, you have submitted the withdrawal you are good to reapply without waiting.
I know people are gonna hate me for this but at one point I had 3 citizenship applications in the system. lol. Whether it made any difference or not is another story but definitely helped me understand what CIC does with duplicate applications and what the expectations are.

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
I have not officially withdrawn the application, I plan to send the withdrawal form to CPC sydney in coming week. I tried using webform to withdraw, didnot work, so as per @citizenship.enthusiast , I submitted refund request for the payment and got it back in 2 days.

Reactions: felixtae

rajjheeta

Jul 20, 2021
I withdrew my paper application but I'm positive that the same needs to be done with online application. You have to fill CIT0027E and MAIL it to CPC-Sydney or your local office(if your file has already been transferred). Be aware, if they have already started processing, you will only get $100 back.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=735&top=5

If you don't meet the citizenship requirement, they will probably return your application anyways and send you the $100 back eventually.

You can also log in to your "My Account" which you used for payment unless you paid directly, and under receipts you can request a refund for the fee. I will recommend this approach if you haven't received AOR yet because AOR is when they load the payment on to your application.
So if you are refunded before they get to your application, they will automatically reject your application as incomplete and send you an email asking for payment. At that point you can let them know that you would like to withdraw your application.

Hope it helps!
Hi, can you please tell how much time they took to get back to you on your withdrawal request. Thank you.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
No prob.! Yes, you will have to officially withdraw before reapplying(even if they don't acknowledge your withdrawal immediately). It's just the stupid paperwork in govt. offices to document dates ya know. lol. But once, you have submitted the withdrawal you are good to reapply without waiting.
I know people are gonna hate me for this but at one point I had 3 citizenship applications in the system. lol. Whether it made any difference or not is another story but definitely helped me understand what CIC does with duplicate applications and what the expectations are.
so how was your experience in withdrawing and applying a new one. What do they do with duplicate apps?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Does anyone has any related experience?
If all the status are completed other than Phys pres and prohib then your husband file might be in review with a level 2 officer or citizenship supervisor. They will decide if they will allow to withdraw or not. I might be having the same situation.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Anyone have experiece with withdrawal. Im still waiting for witdhdrawal. send form to cpc sydney as well as local office since october 2021. They uploaded in systen in Jan . how long will this withdrawal take ?

ishah

Aug 9, 2022
@gsohi2011, @citizenship.enthusiast

Looking to withdraw my application (AOR on Aug 12, 2022) and submit a paper-based application with the rest of the family now that they are also eligible. Could you please share your experience? What are the steps to withdraw? Also, will I lose my citizenship application fees or can I use the same fees for a paper-based application? Thanks...

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
@gsohi2011, @citizenship.enthusiast

Looking to withdraw my application (AOR on Aug 12, 2022) and submit a paper-based application with the rest of the family now that they are also eligible. Could you please share your experience? What are the steps to withdraw? Also, will I lose my citizenship application fees or can I use the same fees for a paper-based application? Thanks...
Look here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/paper-online-atip-proof.769064/post-10220187

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi- I have applied for Citizenship (family of 3) on July 19th 2023 and have not received an AOR yet.
I called IRCC multiple times over the past 4-5 weeks and found out that they have reached out to citizenship office to start working on application. In my last call (2 days ago), agent said they have not responded yet and they have until 6th December to ask again to look at application. I am thinking this will not go anywhere.
I want to apply again.
Can I just create another profile on Citizenship portal and apply again using same documents and same payment receipt? I assume I can just mention in Explanation letter taht I have applied initially with no response in 6 months.
Thanks

alk0494

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
winnipeg
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-02-2018
Med's Request
28-05-2018
Med's Done....
15-06-2018
I have already generated the urgent request to withdraw my citizenship application initially submitted on 11 Nov, 2023 as in that application I was unintentionally missed out some of my day trips out of Canada visiting USA. Furthermore, since after realized the necessity of entering the details of the day trips to USA, I have again filed as on 23rd November, 2023 my new Canadian citizenship application with new application fees.I also applied refund for first application from my account because i did not get AOR yet. now currently i have two applications in system with two fees. i am hoping that everything goes very smoothly. i will let you know what will be result.