+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to Renew PR Card for me in living USA with my Canadian husband on J1 ?

tsnaveen

Oct 20, 2009
I have been living in USA with my Canadian husband since 3 and half years. Currently I am on J-1 and My husband is on H-1B.
I tried to reach canada immigration to know the procedure because everything on their website is only for PR living in Canada. But their phones are not reachable from USA.
Could you please let me know the procedure to renew my PR card.

Thanks
Nav

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tsnaveen said:
I have been living in USA with my Canadian husband since 3 and half years. Currently I am on J-1 and My husband is on H-1B.
I tried to reach canada immigration to know the procedure because everything on their website is only for PR living in Canada. But their phones are not reachable from USA.
Could you please let me know the procedure to renew my PR card.

Thanks
Nav
You can't renew it while living outside Canada. You are fine though as you are accompanying your CC spouse abroad.

PMM

tsnaveen

Oct 20, 2009
Thanks for the info.
Would this expired PR Card be considered still valid ? And when it is time to go back to Canada would immigration check allow me to enter in Canada with this expired PR?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They'll probably pull you aside and ask you why your are travelling on an expired PR card.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
They'll probably pull you aside and ask you why your are travelling on an expired PR card.
Until you point out that you are residing with a Canadian citizen spouse abroad.

PMM