+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to obtain Saudi Arabia Police Clearance Certificate

shahil29

Feb 22, 2018
I want to share the experience in obtain the PCC in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, as I was filing for pcc during the month of Feb 2018.

The procedure took me 2 working weeks. Better to go to these offices before 12 noon, as some of them remain closed afternoon. So plan accordingly.

I am an Indian, so I will be sharing regarding the documents needed. First of all, need to apply for “Letter of Endorsement” from Indian embassy, where VFS are authorized agents of Indian embassy.

Step 1: To get the Letter of Endorsement

1. Fill the form 2 (MISC Services) available on their website (http://in.vfsglobal.sa.com/applicationforms.html )

2. Passport copy front and back pages

3. Iqama copy

4. Passport size photo to stick on the application

5. SR 116 fees per application.

6. Go to the office (https://goo.gl/maps/FnDmEAKaNP52) during their working hours, go early to leave early.

7. At the counter, after payment of fees, they will give you the slip and will be asked to come after a week.

8. You will receive SMS from VFS regarding the status of your application. Normally, they say it will take 1 working week, but I got it in 2 days.

9. After receiving the SMS that you can collect the document, you should go to the same office between 3 pm to 5 pm, same principle (First In First Out)

Step 2: After receiving the letter, the next step is to get attested by MOFA Riyadh.

1. I was under the assumption that, we had to go early in the mooring around 5 am or 6 am to get the token, like the procedure which was 5 years back. Even though I went to the office at their working time around 8.30 am.

2. You can find MOFA Riyadh here (https://goo.gl/maps/UXmwuMu5ZGF2)

3. Before going to MOFA, you need to pay the fees of SR 30 for each application.

4. There is no need to translate your endorsement letter and no need to fill form in MOFA and no need pay SR 100 fees, as mentioned in different websites and blogs.

5. You can pay this fees here in mofa website (http://www.mofa.gov.sa/sites/mofaen/EServ/CitizenAndResidence/Attestation/Pages/FillForm.aspx). But I was not sure of the Arabic language and did not want to take a chance.

6. So, I went to the MOFA, there are some small office in front of MOFA , where they will pay the fee online on behalf of you and they charge SR 20 for each application.

7. They will give the print out receipt of this payment along with the barcode.

8. To my surprise there was no crowd in front of MOFA at all, because when I went a few years back to get attestation, there were literally around 100 – 120 people standing in queues and had to come back another day.

9. Before entering, you have to go through the scanner, just like the ones in the airport. Just to remove things from the pocket, no need to remove the belts or shoes.

10. Ask the guy sitting there in the office the token for attestation.

11. When your token is called, go to the counter and submit your endorsement letter along with the receipt of fee payment (SR 30) with the barcode.

12. He will scan the barcode and will put the stamp and seal on your endorsement letter.

13. To my pleasant surprise, this process was over within 15 minutes including car parking, fee payment and attestation.

14. It was a happy day for me, as if I had achieved something great. Actually it is..!! if you know the procedure back then.

Step 3: Going to Deerah Police Station for submitting endorsement letter

1. Need to go early to police station as early as possible, their working time during non-ramadan days are 8 am to 2.30 pm (https://goo.gl/maps/pZyi1Zuw5bQ2)

2. In the counter, you need to submit MOFA endorsed letter, Passport copy, iqama copy along with translated endorsed copy.

3. If you are applying for ladies i.e. wife or daughter, they have to come and submit their documents in Female section.

4. After receiving your documents, they will hand over a slip and advise the dates to collect your Police Certificate.

5. After getting this PCC, translate it again and follow Step 2

6. With the translated copy, your Police Clearance Certificate, is ready for its further journey.

Total costs

Yes it is a bit expensive, but what are the options.

1. SR 116 for endorsement letter (VFS India)

2. SR 30 for MOFA attestation

3. SR 30 Arabic translation

4. SR 50 taxi charges depending on your location

5. SR 30 for MOFA attestation

6. Totally, around SR 250 per document.

Apr 17, 2018
Hi. Thanks for the elaborate procedure. Do we have to do the translation of the endorsement letter before going to the Police station?

AomarOjamous

May 13, 2018
Hi ,
I have recieved a police certificate request , Iam living in saudi Arabia So i want to ask if i can ask for indorsment letter from jordanian embassy as my wife is jordanian or ihave to take it from the canadian embassy?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Hi ,
I have recieved a police certificate request , Iam living in saudi Arabia So i want to ask if i can ask for indorsment letter from jordanian embassy as my wife is jordanian or ihave to take it from the canadian embassy?
Your question is unclear. You cannot endorse the Saudi PCC from the Jordanian embassy and if you meant the request letter you must get it from the visa officer or the Canadian embassy, you cannot use a request letter from somewhere else. It will show on your PCC who requested it.

ramiz11

Star Member
May 28, 2018
I am from pakistan do i have to ask for pakistani embassy in riyadh or canadian embassy for endorsement letter???
Plus one more than after geting letter frm police do i need to again stamp from mofa?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
I am from pakistan do i have to ask for pakistani embassy in riyadh or canadian embassy for endorsement letter???
Plus one more than after geting letter frm police do i need to again stamp from mofa?
You must get the request letter from the Canadian embassy/consulate. Normally you would have already applied for the PR visa and uploaded a statement stating that you need a request letter in place of the actual PCC.

The MOFA stamp is good to have but it may not be necessary.

ramiz11

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Actually i am leaving saudi arabia what you recommend should i do medical from saudia?
I haven't applied for ITA yet what you suggest?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You cannot get Saudi PCC before your receive ITA and apply. If you are still in Saudi Arabia at that time your PCC will be valid for 6 months. If you have already left Saudi Arabia at that time you can get it from the Saudi embassy if you are a Saudi citizen or you have to ask someone to apply for the PCC on your behalf such as a relative if you are not a Saudi citizen, and in this case your PCC will be valid without expiration.

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
You cannot get Saudi PCC before your receive ITA and apply. If you are still in Saudi Arabia at that time your PCC will be valid for 6 months. If you have already left Saudi Arabia at that time you can get it from the Saudi embassy if you are a Saudi citizen or you have to ask someone to apply for the PCC on your behalf such as a relative if you are not a Saudi citizen, and in this case your PCC will be valid without expiration.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/saudi-arabia.html

It is stated here that you no longer need a Saudi Arabia PCC if you do not have current legal status in Saudi Arabia. Since I am leaving the country for good so i am assuming i won’t need saudi pcc??

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You can do as what the manual says, but the Saudi PCC is actually obtainable from overseas although the process becomes more complex this way.