+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get UAE Police Certificate - For Former Residents with EID

sigma_alpha

Feb 19, 2019
Hi, I already applied for the PCC last Jan. 13, 2019 but I still don't have it now. I emailed them already several times. Their only reply was that they have already forwarded my email to the department concerned. What should I do now?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, I already applied for the PCC last Jan. 13, 2019 but I still don't have it now. I emailed them already several times. Their only reply was that they have already forwarded my email to the department concerned. What should I do now?
Did you apply it online via Dubai Police web site or did you mail them your fingerprints attested by the uae embassy ?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I applied online. I have emirates id.
Ok there is chat on Dubai police website did you have chance to use it ?
I had an issue with my wife’s Dubai PCC as I did not provide her EID, but in a day I noticed that her application did not move. So I contact them via the chat and they asked me to provide the info which I did which helped in moving the application forward and ultimately got the PCC in 2 days thereafter

sigma_alpha

Feb 19, 2019
Ok there is chat on Dubai police website did you have chance to use it ?
I had an issue with my wife’s Dubai PCC as I did not provide her EID, but in a day I noticed that her application did not move. So I contact them via the chat and they asked me to provide the info which I did which helped in moving the application forward and ultimately got the PCC in 2 days thereafter
I actually tried that but the reply I got was to call 901. I have emailed them several times already. The reply was that they have forwarded my email to the concerned department and that it would take some time to process it. Whenever I will follow up in the website, it will just show new transaction.

Phirecrackerdxb

Jan 29, 2015
Just to update about my experience, which might be helpful for a few.

I did not have copy of emirates ID of my wife and had to get PCC. I sent copies of residence visa page and an old (expired) Dubai police clearance, which I got in the year 2013 to my friend in Dubai. He physically went to Dubai Police and they gave him the emirates ID number.
Can you please confirm which office your friend went to? Was it the Dubai Police HQ or any specific Police Station?

Phirecrackerdxb

Jan 29, 2015
Just to update about my experience, which might be helpful for a few.

I did not have copy of emirates ID of my wife and had to get PCC. I sent copies of residence visa page and an old (expired) Dubai police clearance, which I got in the year 2013 to my friend in Dubai. He physically went to Dubai Police and they gave him the emirates ID number.
I am in a similar situation. Can you please confirm which office your friend went to? Was it the Dubai Police HQ in Deira that issues Police Clearance Certificates or a specific police station? I have lost my EID but my husband was able to get his PCC online since he still had record of his EID. Thanks!

smexyjoyzy

Jan 28, 2019
Hello Guys,

I would like to share my personal experience in getting police certificate for UAE. I never expected that the process is so simple and it costs 320 AED only. You should have your Emirates ID # with you which you held when you were a resident there ( doesn´t matter if it has expired)

1. Go to Dubai Police Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
2. Go to Services -> More
3. Click On Police Clearance Certificate
4. Click Access Service
5. Select 'Outside UAE' in 'I am located?' section
6. Fill out all other information and in "Do you have Emirates ID" section, select "Yes" and then input your
Emirates ID which you used to hold while you were a resident there.
7. Upload your Passport, Photo and Residency Page Copy
8. Click Next
9. Enter your Address (Can be your current address in any country)
10. Enter Payment details. Card being used should be a GCC card.

Thats it. One the payment is submitted, you will get certificate in your email in 1-2 days. They cross-check your information using Emirates ID number.

I hope it helps.

Thanks
Faheem

zezu

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Hi Guys

I need to apply for the PCC from Abu Dhabi. From what I understand above, if you dont have EID, you just send passport/ or visa copy with finger prints and that should be sufficient?
My parents lived in Abu Dhabi in the 80's, they dont have any EID's and dont remember ever having one!

Thanks

Mustafa100

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
Hi,
Do I need to have a UAE phone number when applying for PCC from Dubai,as they are asking for it in the application form
Currently I'm living in Canada and dont have a UAE phone number

Thanks

Salman4uall04

Sep 24, 2017
Hello Guys,

I would like to share my personal experience in getting police certificate for UAE. I never expected that the process is so simple and it costs 320 AED only. You should have your Emirates ID # with you which you held when you were a resident there ( doesn´t matter if it has expired)

1. Go to Dubai Police Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
2. Go to Services -> More
3. Click On Police Clearance Certificate
4. Click Access Service
5. Select 'Outside UAE' in 'I am located?' section
6. Fill out all other information and in "Do you have Emirates ID" section, select "Yes" and then input your
Emirates ID which you used to hold while you were a resident there.
7. Upload your Passport, Photo and Residency Page Copy
8. Click Next
9. Enter your Address (Can be your current address in any country)
10. Enter Payment details. Card being used should be a GCC card.

Thats it. One the payment is submitted, you will get certificate in your email in 1-2 days. They cross-check your information using Emirates ID number.

I hope it helps.

Thanks
Faheem

Hi Faheem,

I have received my Police clearance certificate but there is a red stamp on it showing Please refer to the "UAE Diplomatic Mission Abroad or Customer Care of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation" Please explain what does that mean? do I need to take this certificate to the above-mentioned departments for verification or attestation? Please advise.

Thank you.

Reactions: SURVIVAL