+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedure to get UAE Police Certificate - For Former Residents with EID

PHCA

Aug 1, 2017
Calgary, AB
LANDED..........
Hello, my boyfriend is applying for Working Holiday. He is from Rome and worked in UAE from 2016-2017. He needs to get PCC but doesn't have his Emirates ID Number. We don't know what to do, please help!

Inam1987

Sep 28, 2018
Hi,
i moved out of UAE in 2013, and don't a copy emirate ID card, but i have my resident visa copy pasted on my passport. can i apply for PCC online through Dubai police website by uploading resident visa copy? but then what number should i write? is file number mentioned on resident visa and number mentioned on resident card same??

thanks,
inam

Twtiger

Sep 30, 2018
The issue that I see is that you don’t have EmiratesID number available. I am not sure if they DP team will be able to provide you with the PCC if you place an order online.
The other way will be to get a finger printing(long form, ink based) done locally in Canada, get it notarized, then take the document to Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Global Affairs in Canada and then over to UAE embassy. Once these attestations are done send the package over to a friend in Dubai who can apply on your behalf in a Dubai Police station (best is to visit the CID office (sits just below the Al Qiyadah metro station) at DP HQ - Al Nahda Rd, Al Twar 1, Dubai

My above text It may sound complex and time consuming and more expensive. The issue that I see is that, if you apply through the DP website you “may” end up loosing AED320($117) because of the missing Emirates ID number.

I have used a Canadian CC for the payment so it works.

But I am wondering you have the citizenship why do you require a PCC from Dubai now ?

Hey,

I wanted to ask how you managed to get your old emirates ID number. I had an emirates ID but had to give it in when i left. Could you detail everything you did to get the old number? I can send a friend. He called the ID center and they told him they would require my original passport and power of attorney which sounds excessive. Who did you speak to and where did you manage to get it done?

Im really desperate right now

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey,

I wanted to ask how you managed to get your old emirates ID number. I had an emirates ID but had to give it in when i left. Could you detail everything you did to get the old number? I can send a friend. He called the ID center and they told him they would require my original passport and power of attorney which sounds excessive. Who did you speak to and where did you manage to get it done?

Im really desperate right now
The EID card that you had previously, do you remember the number ? Or have a scan copy if it ? somewhere in your email or your folder ?
For the PCC you need only the EID number and not the copy of the card... EID card issued first and last time would have the same EID number.
I left Dubai only in 2017 and had a copy of it scanned.

Last edited:

Twtiger

Sep 30, 2018
The EID card that you have do you remember the number ? Or have a scan copy if it ? somewhere in your email or your folder ?
For the PCC you need only the EID number and not the copy of the card... EID card issued first and last time would have the same EID number.
I left Dubai only in 2017 and had a copy of it scanned.

Sorry realised that the guy that managed to get the emirates ID was another however he replied to your post.

No I dont have it scanned or saved anywhere. Thats my problem. And i dont want to go through the hassle of scanning my fingerprints again when they have them and only need my UAE ID number. I don’t know how to retrieve it

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Sorry realised that the guy that managed to get the emirates ID was another however he replied to your post.

No I dont have it scanned or saved anywhere. Thats my problem. And i dont want to go through the hassle of scanning my fingerprints again when they have them and only need my UAE ID number. I don’t know how to retrieve it
I do not see another way out of it, if you do not have a copy of your EiD...

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
I stayed in Al Ain. The pcc that i got from Dubai police website makes no reference to UAE as a country - in the one page PCC, UAE isn’t mentioned anywhere.
Is that an issue?

Twtiger

Sep 30, 2018
Has anyone applied without a UAE ID number and gone down the sending the fingerprints etc?

Do you know if they also send your certificate via email? And how long does it take?

Thank you

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
@Quorn you maybe able to guide here...
Dear @bimale4bipeople , sure definitely, would be my utmost pleasure.

Dear @Twtiger ,

I have had to go through same route as I left UAE long ago in 2010 when there was no emirates ID. I have directly applied online from dubaipolice.gov.ae , thereafter I went to the nearest police station in my country, gave my fingerprint, made the translation myself and had it stamped by the sworn translator for a small fee and then had it notarised. Then I completed ministry of foreign affairs attestation of my country and then had it stamped from UAE Embassy.

Once all attestations were completed on the fingerprint certificate, I called a gentleman called Mr. Basheer from Dubai Police General Headquarters, Criminals Investigation Department office fingerprint section.

Mr. Basheer is a very helpful man, so he told me to send my fingerprints via courier to his attention. You can find the address I sent as follows:

TO: DUBAI POLICE GENERAL HEADQUARTERS, DUBAI
CID OFFICE
GOOD CONDUCT CERTIFICATE SECTION
P.O.BOX 1493
NEAR AIRPORT TERMINAL 2,
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
TELEPHONE: 00971 4 609 6412
ATTENTION: MR BASHEER

The above telephone number is his direct line so you can also call him and talk to him. The package that I sent contained the following:

- Photocopy of my current passport (only the ID page)
- Print out of the application reference that I received after applying from dubaipolice.gov.ae
- Residence visa page of my old passport
- Attested fingerprint certificate (original)

The above will suffice. It took courier to deliver two days. And one day after they received my attested fingerprint certificate, I received PCC via e-mail, thats all.

I strongly recommend that you track the courier and give Mr. Basheer a call as soon as you see the completion of delivery. He expedited things for me.

I hope the above information is what you seek. Please feel free to let me know if you need any further information.

Cheers,

Quorn

Twtiger

Sep 30, 2018
Hi Faheem, I tried the online process in the meantime, but failed. I do not have a GCC or Canadian credit card, and all other ones I have did not work (various countries). So I am stuck with this now. I get an automated reply saying: The order is rejected by Fraud Module. (20018).

Did u manage to make the payment? Im having the same problem? I tried many cards and my friend even tried an NDB card . It didn’t work either! How did u end up paying for it?

Twtiger

Sep 30, 2018
Dear @bimale4bipeople , sure definitely, would be my utmost pleasure.

Dear @Twtiger ,

I have had to go through same route as I left UAE long ago in 2010 when there was no emirates ID. I have directly applied online from dubaipolice.gov.ae , thereafter I went to the nearest police station in my country, gave my fingerprint, made the translation myself and had it stamped by the sworn translator for a small fee and then had it notarised. Then I completed ministry of foreign affairs attestation of my country and then had it stamped from UAE Embassy.

Once all attestations were completed on the fingerprint certificate, I called a gentleman called Mr. Basheer from Dubai Police General Headquarters, Criminals Investigation Department office fingerprint section.

Mr. Basheer is a very helpful man, so he told me to send my fingerprints via courier to his attention. You can find the address I sent as follows:

TO: DUBAI POLICE GENERAL HEADQUARTERS, DUBAI
CID OFFICE
GOOD CONDUCT CERTIFICATE SECTION
P.O.BOX 1493
NEAR AIRPORT TERMINAL 2,
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
TELEPHONE: 00971 4 609 6412
ATTENTION: MR BASHEER

The above telephone number is his direct line so you can also call him and talk to him. The package that I sent contained the following:

- Photocopy of my current passport (only the ID page)
- Print out of the application reference that I received after applying from dubaipolice.gov.ae
- Residence visa page of my old passport
- Attested fingerprint certificate (original)

The above will suffice. It took courier to deliver two days. And one day after they received my attested fingerprint certificate, I received PCC via e-mail, thats all.

I strongly recommend that you track the courier and give Mr. Basheer a call as soon as you see the completion of delivery. He expedited things for me.

I hope the above information is what you seek. Please feel free to let me know if you need any further information.

Cheers,

Quorn

Thank you. I actually managed to find my old UAE ID Number . However now the online system is not accepting my credit cards from the UK or other countries (dont have canadian cc). My friend also tried with his NBD card and it failed. I can’t understand. Has anyone used a card thats not under their name? (Though it shouldnt make a difference)

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you. I actually managed to find my old UAE ID Number . However now the online system is not accepting my credit cards from the UK or other countries (dont have canadian cc). My friend also tried with his NBD card and it failed. I can’t understand. Has anyone used a card thats not under their name? (Though it shouldnt make a difference)
CC under the another name should not make a difference.
Used my CC for my spouse's PCC payment