+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

procedure for PR file after completing canadian studies.

kumar5

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Dear all, Pls reply my query.
I m B Pharmacist having 3 yrs of Industry experiece. I m planning for higher higher studies in canada for 2 yrs then i want to put PR file. I want to know the detailed out procedure for PR file ,after completing edu in canada. i.e. wt to do???
ca any body/any fnd can guide me... pls let me explain detailed out....

Waiting for fnd's repply.....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are a pharmacist, you are on the new list for the skilled worker program so you can look into that. Your other options might involve completing your studies, getting a post grad work permit and after a year of work applying under Canadian experience class or looking into a Provincial nominee program. Look into your immigration options here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

If you qualify to apply under the skilled worker program now, it would be wise to do that now because your tuition will be less once you get your PR.

kumar5

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
thanks for the reply....
....... I m on 29 occ list but i have done b.pharmn in oct 2006 so i may get 21 pts of exp of 4 contis work, Age i m belonging21-49 so 10pts . 20 pts for my degree. & i have to score16/16 pts for ielts...

(1)My cocerm is shall i represent fit to fit oct-2006 to oct-2010 work exp. to get 21 pts of work exp.

(2) & If I can not get the points then pls suggest me that should i proceed for PNP immigration or thru HRSDC. rather than to appy for student visa.?????

Whish is more btter at this stage HRSDC? ,PNP immigration or student vias????

Pls reply me i m in so much confusio to wt to do at this stage???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you qualify to apply under skilled worker, I think you should do that. If you do not qualify, you can go ahead with a student visa or you can try to find an employer who will help you get a work permit or help you apply for your PR under PNP. It is your choice, depending on what works for you.

It sounds to me like you have enough points to apply under skilled worker and you do have the correct occupation.

amathen

May 6, 2010
Cochin, Kerala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kumar 5 .. You have another problem with the recent changes .. the cap of only 1000 per year in each job category. If you can do IELTS (general) ASAP and score 7.5 for listening and 6.5 for the others + have ALL the supporting docs in place includiing bank balances and PCC etc, then apply as FSW1 but if its going to take you time .. even months.. i would suspect that the CAP would have been reached before you get a chance to apply. The alternative is OPTION 1. to go as a student .. study for 2 years and get 1 year of skilled work experience and then apply under CEC. OPTION 2. do a 1 year post grad certificate and during this time also do your Pharm licencing exam and then find an employer that has an LMO in place that is willing to hire you - after 2 years you can apply under CEC OR if the employer gets you a PNp certificate then you can apply under PNP