+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter

tamysharma

Feb 28, 2021
Need help. I got a pfl stating that I misrepresented myself by not declaring a study permit refusal while applying under canadian experience class PR application. I genuinely forgot about it. I had a refusal on nov 3,2016 which was followed by a approval on dec 30,2016 and i landed in canada after a week. But i have declared this refusal in my second study permit application. After my studies got finished i got a work permit on the border and never the officer had asked me about any refusals so this refusal never crossed my mind after i came to canada. I donot get any points or credits by hiding this refusal. It was a honest mistake. I was too overwhelmed after getting ITA i honestly forgot about the refusal. How do i convince the officer. Pls help

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
Sorry to hear about your situation. It is very serious now. You need to write a reply with the strong facts why was it the honest mistake and you are very sorry about forgetting it. I am not sure what are the chances but many people before got banned for the same case :/

What is your AOR date?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Lawyer up. This isn’t something you want to try and deal with without experienced professional council. Lots of people end up with a 5 year ban because they think a simple letter will cover them. You get one chance to deal with this.

tamysharma

Feb 28, 2021
Sorry to hear about your situation. It is very serious now. You need to write a reply with the strong facts why was it the honest mistake and you are very sorry about forgetting it. I am not sure what are the chances but many people before got banned for the same case :/

What is your AOR date?
Its jan 18,2020

tamysharma

Feb 28, 2021
Lawyer up. This isn’t something you want to try and deal with without experienced professional council. Lots of people end up with a 5 year ban because they think a simple letter will cover them. You get one chance to deal with this.
I know. But i mean its not benefitting me in any way. I dont know how come i made this stupid mistake

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I know. But i mean its not benefitting me in any way. I dont know how come i made this stupid mistake
Unfortunately, that irrelevant. Misrepresentation is probably the worst thing you can do when it comes to IRCC. Even after citizenship, it can come back and bite you with serious repercussions.

tamysharma

Feb 28, 2021
Wow, your file was in process for 13 months already and just now you got pfl.

Some people were fine after pfl some got banned for same mistake like yours. It is stupid and not fair. But purely depends on the officer.
No no i applied on jan 16,2021 and aor is jan 18 2021

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Wow, your file was in process for 13 months already and just now you got pfl.

Some people were fine after pfl some got banned for same mistake like yours. It is stupid and not fair. But purely depends on the officer.
It’s entirely fair. The rules are clear.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
What I meant-some people are fine with the same mistake other banned. This part isn’t fair for me.
And that where a personal letter saying “I forgot” gets you a ban, and why competent legal council familiar with these cases is important. One chance...make it good. Once the PFL is received, the ban has been decided...You now have to convince them otherwise, based on the balance of probabilities.

tamysharma

Feb 28, 2021
And that where a personal letter saying “I forgot” gets you a ban, and why competent legal council familiar with these cases is important. One chance...make it good. Once the PFL is received, the ban has been decided...You now have to convince them otherwise, based on the balance of probabilities.
You are right. But i mean theres no other reason i actually forgot cuj the refuse was followed by an approval in 57 days. So the refusal had felt inconsequential to me at that point and i completely forgot about it later. Anyways lets see i have 7 days

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Again, what you “feel” is irrelevant under the law. As an example, If they found it 10 years from now, after you received citizenship and you were sponsoring your spouse from overseas, you can still be found to have misrepresented yourself and loose your citizenship. That’s how seriously they take it.

And you need to work fast...7 days isn’t much for a lawyer to put together a decent rebuttal.