+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

gurjotahuja

Jun 14, 2020
Hello,

I have received the procedural fairness letter regarding my employment. Officer has alleged that my employment letter is fake. Earlier, I have provided all the sufficient documents to prove my employment. I am still not sure why I got this letter. Please help me how should I reply in this case.

Thanks

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Hello,

I have received the procedural fairness letter regarding my employment. Officer has alleged that my employment letter is fake. Earlier, I have provided all the sufficient documents to prove my employment. I am still not sure why I got this letter. Please help me how should I reply in this case.

Thanks
They must have verified your work experience and would have got a negative response. Did you speak to your employer if they got any verification call or email

gurjotahuja

Jun 14, 2020
They must have verified your work experience and would have got a negative response. Did you speak to your employer if they got any verification call or email
I have checked with my employer. They informed me that somebody from immigration called them. As per the letter, the information from the employer is contradicting, which is not at all possible. Now, I'm not sure which information, as per officer, is contradicting.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You should provide the full PFL for us to know what the immigration officer finds inconsistent, it's hard for us to know what they find objectionable.

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
I have checked with my employer. They informed me that somebody from immigration called them. As per the letter, the information from the employer is contradicting, which is not at all possible. Now, I'm not sure which information, as per officer, is contradicting.
What part of your work experience was incorrect? Was it the duties you mentioned or something else. What did they ask to your employer, kindly let us know, only then can someone comment on this.

Reactions: gurjotahuja

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
What did the letter say exactly? I had received a PFL in the past regarding employment. All got cleared and got my ppr. Be very careful about it though because it means they were ready to reject your application but they had to give you one last chance to explain for yourself.

gurjotahuja

Jun 14, 2020
What part of your work experience was incorrect? Was it the duties you mentioned or something else. What did they ask to your employer, kindly let us know, only then can someone comment on this.
In order to verify the employment our office called your employer; the information provided your employer was contradictory. It is my belief that you were not actually working with XXXXX company and have just obtained a letter of experience from them to establish that you have the experience in your claimed field to meet the requirements to immigrate to Canada

I'm sure they have made some mistakes.

gurjotahuja

Jun 14, 2020
You should provide the full PFL for us to know what the immigration officer finds inconsistent, it's hard for us to know what they find objectionable.
this is the text from PFL..

In order to verify the employment our office called your employer; the information provided your employer was contradictory. It is my belief that you were not actually working with XXXXX company and have just obtained a letter of experience from them to establish that you have the experience in your claimed field to meet the requirements to immigrate to Canada

gurjotahuja

Jun 14, 2020
What did the letter say exactly? I had received a PFL in the past regarding employment. All got cleared and got my ppr. Be very careful about it though because it means they were ready to reject your application but they had to give you one last chance to explain for yourself.
This is text in the letter. Please guide me through it.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
this is the text from PFL..

This is pretty problematic.

You have to find out what your employer said and what was contradictory with the employment reference you submitted for your application,

And you have to be honest, is there something in your reference which is untrue or misleading? IRCC must have had a reason to call and given that your employer said something contradictory, usually where there's smoke there's fire.

gurjotahuja

Jun 14, 2020
This is pretty problematic.

You have to find out what your employer said and what was contradictory with the employment reference you submitted for your application,

And you have to be honest, is there something in your reference which is untrue or misleading? IRCC must have had a reason to call and given that your employer said something contradictory, usually where there's smoke there's fire.
Thanks for the reply
I have enquired with my employer and got the complete information which was provided by them on call. I'm trying to link it with the documents submitted in the past to check for any discrepancies. I'll try to provide any missing documents from my side.
As far as I know, every information provided in the past was cross-checked with the employer. Still, I'll try to see if there are any gaps.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for the reply
I have enquired with my employer and got the complete information which was provided by them on call. I'm trying to link it with the documents submitted in the past to check for any discrepancies. I'll try to provide any missing documents from my side.
As far as I know, every information provided in the past was cross-checked with the employer. Still, I'll try to see if there are any gaps.
It's tough because the PFL doesn't specify which contradictions were provided by the employer, but because it seems so broad they're just saying they don't think you worked there altogether, and so i think you need to provide any supporting documents you can to help convince them such as contract of employment, pay stubs, bank statements, tax filings, etc.

If everything is legitimate, it shouldn't be a problem. But it is a precarious position.

Last edited:

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Thanks for the reply
I'm sorry about your case. Just provide as much documents as you can (truthfully) to supplement your application. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Are you inland or outland?