+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You are responsible for what your agents submit. You knew they were proving fake documents if they told you they would arrange the money and didn't submit your own financial records, Expect a 5 year ban unfortunately.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
I got a procedural fairness letter from cic. They have concerns that the bank statements attached with the application was fraudulent.

I applied through an agency and they told me they will arrange the money and I was convinced.

What should I do now? And how to explain it to them that I was trapped by fraudulent agents.
Form your post it is evident that you were a willing party to this and willing to abuse the privilege if you were granted a visa. Due to such fraudulent activities of few many genuine applicant have to face length scrutiny and processing time. You will not find and sympathy nor any guidance or help in this forum.
It is not my intention to hurt your feelings you might have had your reasons but now my friend you have certainly earned at least a five year ban and any future application made by you will certainly be rejected. This ban will be a part of your record and available to any other country with whom Canada shares record.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I got a procedural fairness letter from cic
Although you appointed your agents to represent you, they will not be held liable for the repercussions of any fraudulent documents or false statements made in your application.

No one will "arrange" money for you to attend college. You should have ensured that you/a family member had the financial resources to pay the tuition fees, your accommodation, etc for your intended study program.

Unfortunately, you can expect a 5-years' ban for misrepresentation. This ban will have long-lasting implications on your visa applications to other visa-required countries too

Reactions: canuck78 and scylla

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
When I applied sowp for the first time i got my biometric validation letter just before one day of my rejection after 1 month, i have applied 2 time on 9 feb and again i got this biometric validation letter just after 5 days before medical request.. Is there anybody who got this letter so early and got medical request please reply me i am so worried..?
You haven't made any false statements in your application, right? Not sure why you're thinking the worst and posting your question in this thread on a Procedural Fairness letter :p

Kent2001

Jul 26, 2020
You are responsible for what your agents submit. You knew they were proving fake documents if they told you they would arrange the money and didn't submit your own financial records, Expect a 5 year ban unfortunately.
Pls can you give an advice as I also received a pfl letter from ircc stating I did not disclose the use of consultant In my application of which I applied and submitted myself but was unable to pay the application fee so I transferred the Money to a consultant to help me pay I even stayed with him to confirm the payment as most consultant are usually fraudulent

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Pls can you give an advice as I also received a pfl letter from ircc stating I did not disclose the use of consultant In my application of which I applied and submitted myself but was unable to pay the application fee so I transferred the Money to a consultant to help me pay I even stayed with him to confirm the payment as most consultant are usually fraudulent
You can explain although it will be hard to prove. If you have a receipt for the consultent's help I would include it as well as proof off your transfer of application fee to the consultant.

Rukmay

Oct 22, 2020
Good day.

I was just sent a procedural fairness letter for my work experience between 2016 February to 2017 August.

The facts;

I finished my masters from the United Kingdom and returned to my country in 2015 December. My family owns an educational institution in my country where I started some small time employment as a procurement officer by February 2016. Also, before I returned from my masters, I had started an interview process with another company (tagged company A hereon) as a Territory Sales Manager.

By January 2016, I was just concluding with company A and had my last interview January. By February, I was offered an employment on probation for 6 months. However, I also decided to hone my skills in procurement with the family owned education institution in February. The job of a procurement officer was to sieve through quotations sent in by suppliers and pass on to the manager my recommendations. This was done mostly through emails as I had already started working with company A.

I applied to Canada to do an MBA in August 2016 and while filling my application, under work experience, I filled the procurement officer which I was doing at the educational institution. This is because when I asked for a reference letter from company A, I was turned down as I had not completed my probation period. Besides, I need just one reference letter and it was easier to get the letter from the educational institution than from company A. Please note, by this time, I had gathered experience in both procurement and Sales.

I officially resigned from the educational institution by 2017 to focus fully on my sales career, especially as I had started thriving and receiving awards from there, I was also confirmed after the probationary period and had decided on focusing fully on my sales career.

While filling my express entry profile, I claimed points for the territory sales manager from 2016 to 2017 as this is the NOC which I have the complete 3 years works experience. IRCC has sent an email to COMPANY A as I was reliably informed, also on GCMS note I ordered. However, they have sent a procedural fairness letter citing possible misrepresentation of my work experience during that period. I have the offer letter from company A, email correspondence before I got the job, when I started. I can request for the email turning down the letter request I made for reference to school, I have letters from when I was congratulated for a job well done, I have my signed letter of acceptance of the offer etc.

I need advise on if these can be presented as I have heard that a procedural fairness letter almost always precedes a refusal even after all evidence is submitted. I have been on this process for over a year and a lot of funds have gone into this.

Aniticipate your response.

Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Good day.

I was just sent a procedural fairness letter for my work experience between 2016 February to 2017 August.

The facts;

I finished my masters from the United Kingdom and returned to my country in 2015 December. My family owns an educational institution in my country where I started some small time employment as a procurement officer by February 2016. Also, before I returned from my masters, I had started an interview process with another company (tagged company A hereon) as a Territory Sales Manager.

By January 2016, I was just concluding with company A and had my last interview January. By February, I was offered an employment on probation for 6 months. However, I also decided to hone my skills in procurement with the family owned education institution in February. The job of a procurement officer was to sieve through quotations sent in by suppliers and pass on to the manager my recommendations. This was done mostly through emails as I had already started working with company A.

I applied to Canada to do an MBA in August 2016 and while filling my application, under work experience, I filled the procurement officer which I was doing at the educational institution. This is because when I asked for a reference letter from company A, I was turned down as I had not completed my probation period. Besides, I need just one reference letter and it was easier to get the letter from the educational institution than from company A. Please note, by this time, I had gathered experience in both procurement and Sales.

I officially resigned from the educational institution by 2017 to focus fully on my sales career, especially as I had started thriving and receiving awards from there, I was also confirmed after the probationary period and had decided on focusing fully on my sales career.

While filling my express entry profile, I claimed points for the territory sales manager from 2016 to 2017 as this is the NOC which I have the complete 3 years works experience. IRCC has sent an email to COMPANY A as I was reliably informed, also on GCMS note I ordered. However, they have sent a procedural fairness letter citing possible misrepresentation of my work experience during that period. I have the offer letter from company A, email correspondence before I got the job, when I started. I can request for the email turning down the letter request I made for reference to school, I have letters from when I was congratulated for a job well done, I have my signed letter of acceptance of the offer etc.

I need advise on if these can be presented as I have heard that a procedural fairness letter almost always precedes a refusal even after all evidence is submitted. I have been on this process for over a year and a lot of funds have gone into this.

Aniticipate your response.

Thank you
The big issue seems the inconsistency between your study permit application and your PR application. You misrepresented your work history in the study permit application but now want to count the work period. Would hire an immigration lawyer to get advice on how to proceed.

Rukmay

Oct 22, 2020
The big issue seems the inconsistency between your study permit application and your PR application. You misrepresented your work history in the study permit application but now want to count the work period. Would hire an immigration lawyer to get advice on how to proceed.
Hey, appreciative of your response. I will understand misrepresentation to be that it did not exist at all. I did not misrepresent the study permit because I did that work, albeit remotely and it was not exactly heavy work which required an 8 to 5 focus. But I also worked within that same period, an 8 to 5 job but with a different company and a different JD. Both jobs existed at thesame time. I mean people work 3 jobs at a time, it is possible. I could agree that I should have included this work experience under personal history while filling out details for my EE application, however, I wasn't claiming points for it. Besides I thought all applications are considered on their own strength.

Currently looking for reputable immigration lawyers.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey, appreciative of your response. I will understand misrepresentation to be that it did not exist at all. I did not misrepresent the study permit because I did that work, albeit remotely and it was not exactly heavy work which required an 8 to 5 focus. But I also worked within that same period, an 8 to 5 job but with a different company and a different JD. Both jobs existed at thesame time. I mean people work 3 jobs at a time, it is possible. I could agree that I should have included this work experience under personal history while filling out details for my EE application, however, I wasn't claiming points for it. Besides I thought all applications are considered on their own strength.

Currently looking for reputable immigration lawyers.
You are expected to list all your jobs when you are asked to list your work experience. Omission is still misrepresentation because you are expected to list all of your jobs under work experience. Every application will be compared to all your previous applications to make sure there are no inconsistencies and to get a better sense of the applicant. Some people omit jobs or degrees to try to make their study permit application stronger but then want to count the points when it comes to their PR applications so this is not an uncommon situation.

Reactions: Hajimuktar

Rukmay

Oct 22, 2020
You are expected to list all your jobs when you are asked to list your work experience. Omission is still misrepresentation because you are expected to list all of your jobs under work experience. Every application will be compared to all your previous applications to make sure there are no inconsistencies and to get a better sense of the applicant. Some people omit jobs or degrees to try to make their study permit application stronger but then want to count the points when it comes to their PR applications so this is not an uncommon situation.
Thanks for engaging me Canuck78. I honestly don't even remember how the forms were filled for the Study Permit, if it was a case of having multiple sections to fill work experience or just a section. I understand your point though. I can only keep my fingers crossed at this point and hope for the best. The responses online are definitely not encouraging to say the least. Appreciate your time. Cheers