+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

fahadmoin24

Dec 14, 2018
This refers to your application for a Study Permit. Your application and all of the documents you
submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for
travel to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the
requirements of the Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) and
paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose
of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer
reasonable requires.
40(1)(a) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation for directly or
indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could
induce an error in the administration of this Act.
Specifically, I have concerns that the Banka statement which you have provided in support of your
application is fraudulent. Your Bank Statements are computer generated and the anomalies below should
not happen:
 Page 2 - May 29/2018 - Payroll is spelt “PAYROLLY” and in all other transactions it is written
as PAYROLLPAY.
 Page 12 - Sept 30/2018 - Salary for September is written as “Salary for Septembe”

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a Study Permit you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a
period of five years according to section 40(2)(a) which states:
The permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a
period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of
inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of a determination in Canada, the date the removal
order is enforced.
I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 10 days
from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. Please respond using the
address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence.
If you do not respond to this request within 10 days, your application will be assessed based on the
information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

PLEASE NOTE: My bank statements are not fraudulent and I have gathered enough evidence to prove my the originality of my statements. I have got the same bank statements reprinted from the bank and stamped by them acknowledging that these mistakes were simply spelling mistakes made from the transferring authority which is my father's employer. I also got a letter from the Director of Financial Operations of my father's employer where he admits that these mistakes were spelling mistakes made by their payroll transfer staff. The Director also provided their business card in case if the migration department needs to consult with them. My father also gives a written statement explaining the mistake so have I.

MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I RESPOND TO THIS LETTER? THROUGH EMAIL OR BY PHYSICALLY GOING INTO THE CANADA EMBASSY, RIYADH?

fahadmoin24

Dec 14, 2018
The bank's branch manager highlighted the mistakes on Page 2 and Page 12 and personally signed them to acknowledge these errors are simply spelling mistakes but are completely original.

Majed-bq97

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
This refers to your application for a Study Permit. Your application and all of the documents you
submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it appears that you may not meet the requirements for
travel to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the
requirements of the Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) and
paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose
of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer
reasonable requires.
40(1)(a) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation for directly or
indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could
induce an error in the administration of this Act.
Specifically, I have concerns that the Banka statement which you have provided in support of your
application is fraudulent. Your Bank Statements are computer generated and the anomalies below should
not happen:
 Page 2 - May 29/2018 - Payroll is spelt “PAYROLLY” and in all other transactions it is written
as PAYROLLPAY.
 Page 12 - Sept 30/2018 - Salary for September is written as “Salary for Septembe”

Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a Study Permit you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a
period of five years according to section 40(2)(a) which states:
The permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a
period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of
inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of a determination in Canada, the date the removal
order is enforced.
I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 10 days
from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard. Please respond using the
address at the top of this letter and clearly indicate your file number for all correspondence.
If you do not respond to this request within 10 days, your application will be assessed based on the
information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.

PLEASE NOTE: My bank statements are not fraudulent and I have gathered enough evidence to prove my the originality of my statements. I have got the same bank statements reprinted from the bank and stamped by them acknowledging that these mistakes were simply spelling mistakes made from the transferring authority which is my father's employer. I also got a letter from the Director of Financial Operations of my father's employer where he admits that these mistakes were spelling mistakes made by their payroll transfer staff. The Director also provided their business card in case if the migration department needs to consult with them. My father also gives a written statement explaining the mistake so have I.

MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I RESPOND TO THIS LETTER? THROUGH EMAIL OR BY PHYSICALLY GOING INTO THE CANADA EMBASSY, RIYADH?
What a coincidence. The same thing EXACTLY happened to me.
On 25 NOV I was asked to sumbit additional information without being given an address to send the additional documents to.
So I sumbitted IRCC Webform on this link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx .
Fortunately, two days later the embassy emailed me and told me to provide the additional document by replying to the email.
So now sumbit an IRCC webform in the link above.
Follow the steps in this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-have-been-asked-to-submit-an-additional-document-without-being-given-anaddress-for-my-study-permit.598379/
if it didn’t help I don’t mind to share the email address they contacted me throgh but I’m not sure if it’s the same email they want you to send the additional documents to.
Man in those days I couldn’t even sleep out of frustration as studying in Canada has always been a dream and an opportunity like this to be blown away by an officer’s mistake is the pure definition of frustration.
You’ve been given 10 days so when is the 10th day to sumbit them ?

fahadmoin24

Dec 14, 2018
On 25 NOV I was asked to sumbit additional information without being given an address to send the additional documents to.
Fortunately, two days later the embassy emailed me and told me to provide the additional document by replying to the email.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-have-been-asked-to-submit-an-additional-document-without-being-given-anaddress-for-my-study-permit.598379/
if it didn’t help I don’t mind to share the email address they contacted me throgh but I’m not sure if it’s the same email they want you to send the additional documents to.
Man in those days I couldn’t even sleep out of frustration as studying in Canada has always been a dream and an opportunity like this to be blown away by an officer’s mistake is the pure definition of frustration.
The last date for me to reply is on 22nd December 2018. What I did is the exact opposite of what you did. I replied to the email from which they sent me this letter. The email gave me an automated response as follows from the same email address I received from

"RYADHVISA@international.gc.ca
Thu, 13 Dec, 19:03 (16 hours ago)

to me

----- Original Message to RYADH (VISA) /Message d’origine à RYADH (VISA) -----
Enquiries must be submitted through the Case Enquiry link. The Embassy of Canada does not accept Refugee applications. Please visit our website for more information.

Toutes requêtes devront être déposées au lien: Demande de renseignements. L'ambassade du Canada n'accepte pas les demandes de visas de réfugiés: Veuillez consulter notre site pour plus d'information.

. . .

Please visit the following websites for general inquiries - Veuillez visiter les sites suivants pour obtenir des renseignements généraux - :
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada; www.saudiarabia.gc.ca; Government of Canada
-----
Disclaimer: http://www.international.gc.ca/international/disclaimer-degagement.aspx?lang=eng
Dégagement de responsabilité: http://www.international.gc.ca/international/disclaimer-degagement.aspx?lang=fra"

ALSO, WHAT WAS THEIR FINAL RESPONSE?

fahadmoin24

Dec 14, 2018
Can you please share the email address by which the contacted you, please?

Majed-bq97

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Well I received the letter in my CIC account so I had no idea who to contact that’s why I filed a specific case enquiry.
And then two days later they emailed using the same email address u mentioned. But this time they asked me to provide the additional documents by replying back the same email.
Next day they replied and stated that the new document has been added to the file.
And here I am waiting since Dec 4.
I applied on OCT10.
So there was no address at the top of the letter right ? As a precaution, file an IRCC web form. And contact the embassy by their emails and don’t call them believe it’s just a waste of time and balance cus I called them and they never responded.
Reach out to them everywhere via every email they have .
As I said , they emailed me asking for the additional information from the same email “
ryadhvisa@international.gc.ca

Could you share the timeline of your application ?

fahadmoin24

Dec 14, 2018
Well I received the letter in my CIC account so I had no idea who to contact that’s why I filed a specific case enquiry.
And then two days later they emailed using the same email address u mentioned. But this time they asked me to provide the additional documents by replying back the same email.
Next day they replied and stated that the new document has been added to the file.
And here I am waiting since Dec 4.
I applied on OCT10.
So there was no address at the top of the letter right ? As a precaution, file an IRCC web form. And contact the embassy by their emails and don’t call them believe it’s just a waste of time and balance cus I called them and they never responded.
Reach out to them everywhere via every email they have .
As I said , they emailed me asking for the additional information from the same email “
ryadhvisa@international.gc.ca

Could you share the timeline of your application ?
Did you apply from VFS Riyadh or CIC? I have applied from VFS Global.
Applied: 4th November 2018

fahadmoin24

Dec 14, 2018

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I have opened an account and linked my application to it. And was lowkey hoping that I'd be able to add my supporting documents. But, unfortunately, that wasn't available. Any idea why? I spoke to a fellow user here and he said it might probably be because that earlier correspondence was made through email.
It looks like a common problem... There was a previous discussion about not being able to attach additionl documents through gckey. However, when I was waiting for my approval, there was a portion in the gckey whick allows me to attach additional documents. Not sure, though, if it was removed or because I already got approval that that option was not active anymore.

Majed-bq97

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
It looks like a common problem... There was a previous discussion about not being able to attach additionl documents through gckey. However, when I was waiting for my approval, there was a portion in the gckey whick allows me to attach additional documents. Not sure, though, if it was removed or because I already got approval that that option was not active anymore.
How did your application go btw?
Got it from the first attempt?

fahadmoin24

Dec 14, 2018
Well, I spoke to the other brother who's commenting on the thread and as per his advice I replied with my explanation and my additional documents through the email and yesterday I got an email saying.

"Dear Sir/madam,

Thank you for the e-mail, additional documents/information are now added to the file."

So hopefully, let's see what happens now.

By the way, did you have any issue like this or gotten any fairness lettter?