+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter

Feb 26, 2018
My husband applied on Aug 12,2018.
Medical was cleared too.

But for his employment records and foreign documents we received a PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS letter yesterday, stating that we only submitted supporting documents like letter of offer and paystubs. And need to submit more.
Things that show.. work duration, salary, duties and hours, for Canadian and foreign exp.

We have already submitted everything... and there is nothing new we can submit..how do we proceed .

Not all companies provide such letters for PR purposes
Please note we are already in Canada on Work permit, which were recently renewed too.

Failing to provide more documents means negative.
Please help.

Feb 26, 2018
Find a way to obtain reference letters which follow IRCC's guidelines.

Below is what we provided to IRCC during our application submission.

We created a letter of explanation and provided details of all submitted documents for all employer records. Below is a sample for what we provided for Employment record for Canada (current one). Similarly we provided for old records (foreign deputations). Some documents he received from his employer during his WP extension.

Employment Records - 1 – Business Analyst
Duration : XXX 2017 - Ongoing
Employer : XYZ

I am in Canada since XXX 2017 and working with XYZ company. I have been working as Business Analyst (NOC 2171) since May 2010 and have had same responsibilities/Job duties. The same is confirmed in the attachment (Page 5, Experience). The same role is also mentioned in my work permit.

Attachment (Employment Record - Canada (XXX 2017 - Till Date).pdf) in this section contains the below mentioned documents. These documents were provided to me by my employer.

Deputation/Secondment letter (Page 1-1)
Letter of Employment (Page 2-8)
Compensation/Appraisal letter (Page 9-11)
2017 T4 tax form (Page 12-12)
2018 Salary Slips (Page 13-19)
Extended Work Permit (Page20-21)

Please let me know what else could have been provided. We understand that we didn't provide number of hours worked but the above letters state that he is working as a full time employee. Isn't this sufficient?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Below is what we provided to IRCC during our application submission.

We created a letter of explanation and provided details of all submitted documents for all employer records. Below is a sample for what we provided for Employment record for Canada (current one). Similarly we provided for old records (foreign deputations). Some documents he received from his employer during his WP extension.

Employment Records - 1 – Business Analyst
Duration : XXX 2017 - Ongoing
Employer : XYZ

I am in Canada since XXX 2017 and working with XYZ company. I have been working as Business Analyst (NOC 2171) since May 2010 and have had same responsibilities/Job duties. The same is confirmed in the attachment (Page 5, Experience). The same role is also mentioned in my work permit.

Attachment (Employment Record - Canada (XXX 2017 - Till Date).pdf) in this section contains the below mentioned documents. These documents were provided to me by my employer.

Deputation/Secondment letter (Page 1-1)
Letter of Employment (Page 2-8)
Compensation/Appraisal letter (Page 9-11)
2017 T4 tax form (Page 12-12)
2018 Salary Slips (Page 13-19)
Extended Work Permit (Page20-21)

Please let me know what else could have been provided. We understand that we didn't provide number of hours worked but the above letters state that he is working as a full time employee. Isn't this sufficient?
Like I mentioned in my other post, what could and should have been provided is a reference letter which follows IRCC's guidelines. Without looking at those documents it is difficult to say whether they compensate the lack of such letter.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Any time you do not provide what IRCC requests, you need a letter of explanation (what you did to try to get it, proof of said attempts, and proof that the company refused to provide). Nothing you listed indicates whether you even asked your employer for the letter, or that they refused.

Employers have various definitions of full-time and part-time, that is why IRCC has its own standard definition, 30 or more hours per week. Your employer has state the hours worked per week so that IRCC knows that you meet this definition.

It is also not clear whether you provided job duties/responsibilities. IRCC reviews these to determine if your experience matches the NOC you claim. Again, your employer is supposed to provide testimony of the work experience you are claiming.

Reactions: akanksharustagi
Feb 26, 2018
Any time you do not provide what IRCC requests, you need a letter of explanation (what you did to try to get it, proof of said attempts, and proof that the company refused to provide). Nothing you listed indicates whether you even asked your employer for the letter, or that they refused.

Employers have various definitions of full-time and part-time, that is why IRCC has its own standard definition, 30 or more hours per week. Your employer has state the hours worked per week so that IRCC knows that you meet this definition.

It is also not clear whether you provided job duties/responsibilities. IRCC reviews these to determine if your experience matches the NOC you claim. Again, your employer is supposed to provide testimony of the work experience you are claiming.

Part 1- yes, we did not provide the communication with company that they wont give reference for pr purpose. But we did mention in letter of explaination that company gave these documents as workperit was recently renewed.

Part3- deputation letter and employment letter contain all required detail- what role n responsibilities will be , salary, work , NOC code.
The only thing is that NOC code is applicable term for only Canada and other countries dont follow same pattern.
We provided the renewed work permit too.

So, please tell if we provide a notarized letter of resume/work details(as asked) and attach company letter saying that they dont provide any letter , would that be sufficient .
We can mention that company can be contacted anytime to verify.

Thanks for your time.
Please let me know.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Part 1- yes, we did not provide the communication with company that they wont give reference for pr purpose. But we did mention in letter of explaination that company gave these documents as workperit was recently renewed.

Part3- deputation letter and employment letter contain all required detail- what role n responsibilities will be , salary, work , NOC code.
The only thing is that NOC code is applicable term for only Canada and other countries dont follow same pattern.
We provided the renewed work permit too.

So, please tell if we provide a notarized letter of resume/work details(as asked) and attach company letter saying that they dont provide any letter , would that be sufficient .
We can mention that company can be contacted anytime to verify.
Yes, write a letter of explanation (LOE) and attach the company's refusal letter. In the LOE, list each piece of information required and the proof you submitted (you can submit again if you want).

A hiring letter or contract are better than nothing, but they indicate PLANNED work experience, not what actually happened. So you need something that supports that you actually did the job duties as planned. An unofficial letter from a colleague or manager will h elp. And yes, contact details for the company are essential. PS - you do not need to notarize anything.

Reactions: Uvr
Feb 26, 2018
Yes, write a letter of explanation (LOE) and attach the company's refusal letter. In the LOE, list each piece of information required and the proof you submitted (you can submit again if you want).

A hiring letter or contract are better than nothing, but they indicate PLANNED work experience, not what actually happened. So you need something that supports that you actually did the job duties as planned. An unofficial letter from a colleague or manager will h elp. And yes, contact details for the company are essential. PS - you do not need to notarize anything.

Thank you so much. This clarifies a lot of things.
Thank you for the advice. We will do as you mentioned and hopefully, the process will be smooth again

Laxmiupendhra

Jul 4, 2019
Thank you so much. This clarifies a lot of things.
Thank you for the advice. We will do as you mentioned and hopefully, the process will be smooth again
Hello,
We are in similar situation. We received procedural fairness letter to justify my duties with previous employer as per NOC code. I have same situation with previous employer, who do not provide Service Letter with roles and responsibilities. Can you please let us know how you addressed your case and what is the outcome. Thanks.