+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter

Astr0naut

Apr 16, 2017
hi Seniors,

Please guide me thru this. on 5669 schedule A there are 3 sections. Education, Personal history and Address. My wife and I filled all details in Education and Personal history started from 16 years old to the date of now, so as you can understand Education and Personal History are consecutive. But we didn't update the address...it started only from 2006 while I was 26. So should I update only for my address?
Do I need worry about this letter?

Below is the procedural fairness letter.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
You were asked on October 6, 2017 to produce the following evidence and documents within 30 days in order to make an assessment on your application:
- Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
The letter informed you that if this office did not receive the required evidence or documents from you by the due date of the letter, your application would be assessed on the basis of the information that was already before the officer. You were warned that failure to provide the additional information may result in the refusal of your application.
To this date, we have not received the documents as requested. The updated Schedule A you have provided has gaps. You must declare your personal history and addresses since you turned 18 on xxxx/xx/xx.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi Seniors,

Please guide me thru this. on 5669 schedule A there are 3 sections. Education, Personal history and Address. My wife and I filled all details in Education and Personal history started from 16 years old to the date of now, so as you can understand Education and Personal History are consecutive. But we didn't update the address...it started only from 2006 while I was 26. So should I update only for my address?
Do I need worry about this letter?

Below is the procedural fairness letter.

I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
You were asked on October 6, 2017 to produce the following evidence and documents within 30 days in order to make an assessment on your application:
- Updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669): You must declare your personal history and addresses from the age of 18 (not only the past 10 years).
The letter informed you that if this office did not receive the required evidence or documents from you by the due date of the letter, your application would be assessed on the basis of the information that was already before the officer. You were warned that failure to provide the additional information may result in the refusal of your application.
To this date, we have not received the documents as requested. The updated Schedule A you have provided has gaps. You must declare your personal history and addresses since you turned 18 on xxxx/xx/xx.
Pretty simple. They requested you send your personal history from the age of 18 and you apparently failed to send a complete form with no gaps, so now they are giving you one last chance to send it before they refuse your app.

Astr0naut

Apr 16, 2017
Pretty simple. They requested you send your personal history from the age of 18 and you apparently failed to send a complete form with no gaps, so now they are giving you one last chance to send it before they refuse your app.
Thank you sir.

As I mentioned there is no gap in my education and personal history, I declared since age of 16. So I only need to update the address section? Thank you.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
You should consider yourself very luck to be given not only one but two chances to provide the required information. Please read the letter carefully and follow the specific instruction. The letter clearly asks to provide an updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669) since you turned 18 (NOT for the past 10 years and NOT since you were 26) for both personal history and address history. It also asks not to leave any gaps, so you should make sure that the end of one entry is the beginning of the next entry for both personal history and address history. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Astr0naut

Apr 16, 2017
You should consider yourself very luck to be given not only one but two chances to provide the required information. Please read the letter carefully and follow the specific instruction. The letter clearly asks to provide an updated Schedule A Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669) since you turned 18 (NOT for the past 10 years and NOT since you were 26) for both personal history and address history. It also asks not to leave any gaps, so you should make sure that the end of one entry is the beginning of the next entry for both personal history and address history. Good Luck!
Thank you sir,

I will upload the updated 5669 form.

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Hi everyone...i was was wondering if a procedural fairness letter is always labelled this way? or is also labelled a \request letter in GC key?

My husband and I have won an appeal 4 months ago now...i thought the nightmare was over...but i received a letter....stating the officer was concerned due to contradiction in newly updated forms...regarding one job my husband said he worked in his interview a year ago but we did not declare on the schedule A. It was an honest mistake on my part.....i took the lead in updating the forms....and this particular job was a very casual job......not an official part time or full time job. no official contract..he helped out with for a few hours here and there....when i was updated the forms for employment it didn't even cross my mind to declare it because during that specific time frame his activity was more 'unemployed' than 'employed' .

They asked for an explanation and a newly fresh updated schedule A if he had worked there. There is no where that says 'fairness letter'......it is labelled 'request letter'.....but the language used in the letter sounds similar to fairness letters i have read.

this is a spousal sponsorship application....nothing to do with a work visa.

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
I received a procedural fairness letter in regards to my NON-accompanying dependent child (actually an 18 year old adult that has his own life and takes care of himself...however is under 22). Although I sent a letter with my application, and also had him send a letter that stated he was NOT compliant with a medical or FBI check, and I was also issued a letter by CIC to have notarized...all sent in and received. I am wondering if anyone knows how much longer it will take for a decision (12 months today already), or if they will accept my notarized letter that I acknowledge that I will never be able to sponsor him, and he understands that too. With my letter, I explained that I had attempted to persuade him several time without success. Will they deny me anyways? U.S. Citizen, married Canadian, outbound, Mississauga Visa Office. 12 months today. I have no control over this and I am so worried it will make me inadmissible. Any thoughts?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I received a procedural fairness letter in regards to my NON-accompanying dependent child (actually an 18 year old adult that has his own life and takes care of himself...however is under 22). Although I sent a letter with my application, and also had him send a letter that stated he was NOT compliant with a medical or FBI check, and I was also issued a letter by CIC to have notarized...all sent in and received. I am wondering if anyone knows how much longer it will take for a decision (12 months today already), or if they will accept my notarized letter that I acknowledge that I will never be able to sponsor him, and he understands that too. With my letter, I explained that I had attempted to persuade him several time without success. Will they deny me anyways? U.S. Citizen, married Canadian, outbound, Mississauga Visa Office. 12 months today. I have no control over this and I am so worried it will make me inadmissible. Any thoughts?
They should accept it. If worst comes to worst, I would say you have a very good case to take to your spouse's MP to have the file re-opened and re-examined. This is a common enough situation and there really shouldn't have been a fairness letter issued.