+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

procedural fairness letter received on spouse open work premit

amrelnoury

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Category........
FAM
Yes, if your family returns to Canada and establishes residence by joining school, getting a job etc, it is a good indication of your intent to return. But all that will be moot if you don't answer the letter. You need to write an explanation and show concrete steps that you have taken already - you can't reply and say "We will move eventually".

If you are able to send your family back before the 30-day deadline (and your kids start school), that will be a good response. You can then reply - "We were intending to return as soon as I got my PR, but I understand that our intention may not have been clear. However, since receipt of this letter, my wife and child(ren) have returned to Canada and have started going to school. I plan to join them as soon as I get my PR".. or words to that effect.

Thanks a lot bro much appreciated and do you know how long does it take from the time I reply until I get a decision ?

amrelnoury

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Category........
FAM
No idea, but I'd guess not more than a month or so.
Hi Mate,

I responded with my explanation letter and supporting documents on 8th of Oct and received pre-arrival services on 11th of Oct but my eligibility is still under process so what do you think?

amrelnoury

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Category........
FAM
I agree that the best option to get approval is for the sponsor to return to Canada ASAP and to update IRCC with that info.
Hi Mate,

well I moved my family and they registered in schools and everything is settled for them, I responded to the letter with supporting documents on 8th and received pre-arrival services on 11th of Oct but my eligibility is still showing under process so what do you think?