+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness Letter received, by a silly mistake. How to overcome it?

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
Hi,

I have applied for a study visa and got it. My husband's received a procedural fairness letter, for an innocent mistake committed by misunderstanding.
I have written a letter yet to post it to IRCC. But the letter comes around 3000 words, because I needed to explain all the matters in it. Is the word length OK?

If we prove ourselves truthful, will they issue him a visa? Will they forgive?

How long does the process take? I deferred to the September intake. Before that time, I should receive his visa to accompany me.

It was about the US visa refusal, but we were unaware of it.

Please help.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
You were unaware of a refusal? Depends on how they view your truthfulness about being unaware as they provide plenty of opportunities to disclose any previous refusals. Nobody can say for sure.

Reactions: abre196

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have applied for a study visa and got it. My husband's received a procedural fairness letter, for an innocent mistake committed by misunderstanding.
I have written a letter yet to post it to IRCC. But the letter comes around 3000 words, because I needed to explain all the matters in it. Is the word length OK?

If we prove ourselves truthful, will they issue him a visa? Will they forgive?

How long does the process take? I deferred to the September intake. Before that time, I should receive his visa to accompany me.

It was about the US visa refusal, but we were unaware of it.

Please help.
3000 words seems long but it's ultimately up to you.

I would recommend that you shorten it if possible and only keep details that are directly related to the refusal your husband failed to mention and the details surrounding that refusal.

What were the circumstances around the US refusal that resulted in your husband not knowing about it?

Reactions: Qwertypod

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
3000 words seems long but it's ultimately up to you.

I would recommend that you shorten it if possible and only keep details that are directly related to the refusal your husband failed to mention and the details surrounding that refusal.

What were the circumstances around the US refusal that resulted in your husband not knowing about it?

Thank you. Yes I have explained about it.
I hope they understand the truth. I will update my status here, after they approve his application, so that others can some help from this thread.

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Thank you. Yes I have explained about it.
I hope they understand the truth. I will update my status here, after they approve his application, so that others can some help from this thread.
There's nothing to understand about the truth - you were either truthful in the application to begin with, or your husband was 100% unaware of the refusal for some reason (which they understand doesn't usually happen).

You should not be outright planning for an approval as misrepresentation is a big deal and he could be banned for 5 years for not being truthful (as many others are).

Wish you the best of luck. Make sure you disclose all rejections in immigration matters going forward - that is the lesson being learned on this forum over and over again.

Arabellamax1

Sep 26, 2020
No. we applied in september 2020. received pfl in february 2021. the applications shows the same status. no body read the pfl response. received auto matic replies for months for my queries..then i.stopped. happy to live in my country. India.