+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness letter - Proof of funds

Bezaeh

Apr 21, 2021
We can't help you if you won't tell us the truth.

Your Visa Officer and I seem to agree that you are not being truthful, hence the PFL.
You know why the PFL comes because the visa officer thinks that some young from Africa Ethiopia like me can not have ETH 1,600,000 Birr which equivalent to CAN 56,000$. I have also given the certificate for car ownership and the license for the company I and my brother starts three years ago. I want to pursue my education because I want to advance my company that all and I can not find a university that gives a master's in data science in Ethiopia.

Last edited:

Kpstu

Oct 27, 2020
A couple of things, a Visa denial in itself is not a bad thing when it comes to disclosure in North American applications (US and Canada) applicable to any type of Visa. The thing that hurts and possible gets you barred from a country is not disclosing them because it creates a doubt in the VO as to why the application did no disclose them.

That being said, it is your application and up to you at the end of the day. I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do.

Bezaeh

Apr 21, 2021
A couple of things, a Visa denial in itself is not a bad thing when it comes to disclosure in North American applications (US and Canada) applicable to any type of Visa. The thing that hurts and possible gets you barred from a country is not disclosing them because it creates a doubt in the VO as to why the application did no disclose them.

That being said, it is your application and up to you at the end of the day. I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do.
Thank you, for the advice.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
You know why the PFL comes because the visa officer thinks that some young from Africa Ethiopia like me can not have ETH 1,600,000 Birr which equivalent to CAN 56,000$. I have also given the certificate for car ownership and the license for the company I and my brother starts three years ago. I want to pursue my education because I want to advance my company that all and I can not find a university that gives a master's in data science in Ethiopia.
I don't think the PFL is because the VO thinks you, as a young African, cannot have that much money. I am an African myself and I showed personal funds of 200k CAD for my SP application, with adequate proof such as bank statements, income source etc. The VO didn't question the authenticity of my documents. They did however asked me to submit a PCC to prove I wasn't into criminal activities.

Like I said in a previous response. It's not hard at all to prove your bank documents are authentic - you just need the bank to give you a Verification letter with the bank's seal/stamp on it.

If however, you have doctored the documents in any way, you will be banned for misrepresentation.

Bezaeh

Apr 21, 2021
I don't think the PFL is because the VO thinks you, as a young African, cannot have that much money. I am an African myself and I showed personal funds of 200k CAD for my SP application, with adequate proof such as bank statements, income source etc. The VO didn't question the authenticity of my documents. They did however asked me to submit a PCC to prove I wasn't into criminal activities.

Like I said in a previous response. It's not hard at all to prove your bank documents are authentic - you just need the bank to give you a Verification letter with the bank's seal/stamp on it.

If however, you have doctored the documents in any way, you will be banned for misrepresentation.
I can ask the bank to give another bank statement and verification, but how can I send it if I already send the letter of explanation. Can I send them with the webform or email?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I can ask the bank to give another bank statement and verification, but how can I send it if I already send the letter of explanation. Can I send them with the webform or email?
Yes, use the webform. Select the correct office that is handling your application.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Why would I need to disclose to the Us Immigration I applied for a study permit got denied that is all there is. IT is not a big deal.
I did not give a fake bank statement that is the truth.
If its not a big deal then learn to lend your ears for advice. All the best with your situation

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Visa officer has nothing to do being young Ethiopean.. He has concern about forged statements that the applicant is still in denial after several advices on what to do.

annbakewell45

May 1, 2021
Specifically, I have concerns that you have submitted the following fraudulent/altered document(s)/information in support of your application: - Wegagen Bank Bank Statement
Please explain why the document(s)/information was provided and where/how was it obtained. It is your responsibility to demonstrate that you have not engaged in an act of misrepresentation with respect to your application.

What do I have to say in my letter of explanation? please help me out.
So, do I have a chance for a study permit?
How long will it take to get their replay?
What's the update concerning the procedural fairness letter and your study visa?

Bezaeh

Apr 21, 2021
What's the update concerning the procedural fairness letter and your study visa?
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have been found inadmissible to Canada in accordance with paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA. In accordance with paragraph A40(2)(a), you will remain inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years from the date of this letter or from the date a previous removal order was enforced.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

annbakewell45

May 1, 2021
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You have been found inadmissible to Canada in accordance with paragraph 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of the IRPA. In accordance with paragraph A40(2)(a), you will remain inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years from the date of this letter or from the date a previous removal order was enforced.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sorry about that. Better luck next time!

Reactions: Bezaeh