+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural Fairness letter - Proof of funds

ousman sambou

Oct 9, 2019
Hi can someone help me with my case i applied for a student visa,my application is still in process i get a PFL on financial statement which i aready responded since year after passing the medical and no decision is make on my application yet ......
Did i have the chance to get a visa

ireosime2002

Nov 21, 2019
Hi, We are in the same boat, will it be possible for you to share a draft of your letter (ofcourse after hiding the personal details) or review our letter to make sure that we have added all the necessary details? we only have 3 days left to respond. Also, did you submit the documents through CSE Webform? How to make sure they receive the documents within the mentioned deadline.

Hi,
I also got a procedural letter in regards to my pof. Will u be kind enough to put me through what you wrote in your letter of explanation, and the documents you included. Also can I get a gift of deed from my mum. I will appreciate if you can send me your email address to mail you. Thank you

ireosime2002

Nov 21, 2019
I applied for EE on 21st July 2018. (Medicals passed)

On 14th Dec, 2018, I received "Procedural Fairess" letter in my CIC Account.

It stated that I have not met the condition for FSW program regarding Proof of funds (R76(1)(b))

I had submitted my savings bank account statement only before as POF, which was about approx $12,600 CAD. My mistake was I didn't consider the exchange rate would change very much. I had considered exchg. rate at only 52.

However, as per the letter, my savings bank account only had CAD equivalent of 12,403, which are indeed short of minimum 12,475 required. (Immigration officer considered erstwhile rate of 53.17)

They asked me to respond in 7 days, and failure to do so would mean they would make decision based on current info, which might result in refusal.

As part of my response I drafted a cover letter, explaining the issue with exchange rate, and submitted latest statement along with balance certificate.

I have now shown enough funds to ensure even if exchange rate changed to 60, I would still meet the $12,475 criteria.

Does anyone has had familiar experience? If so, how are the chances of refusal, since Immigration office might find exchange rate issue as flimsy.

My estimated date of application completion is 21st Jan, 2019.

Can anyone share any experience or possible timeline of Canadian response to this?
Hi,
I also got a procedural letter in regards to my pof. Can you be kind enough to put me through what you wrote in your letter of explanation, and the documents you submitted. Also can I get a gift of deed from my mum. I will appreciate if you can send me your email address to mail you. My email address is ireosime2002@yahoo.com.I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you