+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter - please help

Tess007

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I recieved a procedural fairness letter regarding one of the bank accounts used as proof of funds. The account belongs to my husband. IRCC stated that they could not prove that I access to the account so required additional information.

In order to fix this we had tried for the bank to add me as a signatory but even if it's done, there will be no document from them that will show that I'm a signatory and the account will still bare just my husband's name.
We live in the US but this account is our home country. If we get an affidavit by my husband giving me the right to us the account as POF from here in the US will it be enough proof that I have access for IRCC. Also, what will the affidavit sound like
Please I would appreciate your advice @legalfalcon @andy108

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I recieved a procedural fairness letter regarding one of the bank accounts used as proof of funds. The account belongs to my husband. IRCC stated that they could not prove that I access to the account so required additional information.

In order to fix this we had tried for the bank to add me as a signatory but even if it's done, there will be no document from them that will show that I'm a signatory and the account will still bare just my husband's name.
We live in the US but this account is our home country. If we get an affidavit by my husband giving me the right to us the account as POF from here in the US will it be enough proof that I have access for IRCC. Also, what will the affidavit sound like
Please I would appreciate your advice @legalfalcon @andy108
Is your husband listed as an accomanying or non-accompanying dependent in your application?

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He is listed as an accompanying dependent.
Then why is this an issue? We did the same thing. However, can’t you get a copy of the document used to add you as a signatory to the account? That should suffice.

Reactions: scylla

Tess007

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Then why is this an issue? We did the same thing. However, can’t you get a copy of the document used to add you as a signatory to the account? That should suffice.
Didn't you need a formal letter from the bank stating that you are a signatory?

Tess007

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
When you said you did the same thing, do you mean you did just an affidavit ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Please I would appreciate your advice @legalfalcon
Just get an affidavit signed by your spouse stating that the bank account is in his name and that he has no objection in your using the funds in the account for the purpose of settlement of in Canada.

Not a big deal, and everything will be fine.

You do not need a formal letter from the bank, Just an authorisation from the account holder.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Didn't you need a formal letter from the bank stating that you are a signatory?
No formal letter. I simply submitted my account with the application; my spouse is the PA.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you said you did the same thing, do you mean you did just an affidavit ?
No affidavit either. It shouldn’t be a big deal. Well, just do as legalfacon said, you guys should be fine.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No affidavit either. It shouldn’t be a big deal. Well, just do as legalfacon said, you guys should be fine.
The affidavit just makes the statement sworn and more credible than just a plan formal letter, which also would work in most cases.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
take a bank statement showing your joint name with bank or else write check signed under your name and evidence that it got cleared when you signed, inc.ude that with your statement