+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER: NEED YOUR COMMENTS

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Hey guys,

So, I applied as a CEC applicant, and today received a procedural fairness letter from CIC. It's with regards to my foreign work experience. Here's the content of the letter:

I am writing you this letter to express my concern(s) regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:

Employment Contract: For your employment with xxxx please provide copies of employment contracts and paystubs.

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by xxx.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me via your MyCIC account.

If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must upload the original documents to MyCIC. We do not accept copies signed by notaries.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Sincerely,

www.canada.ca

I gained my foreign work experience at my common-law partner's company who is also applying with me. I knew that this might looked as a personal conflict when applying for even in the beginning I attached bank statements which clearly show salary payment made to me, also government tax documents from my country, and third party reference.

I don't understand why they asking me to provide these documents. The job was real and genuine. I do have employment letter (basically the one I signed when I started working) and now I'm gathering paystubs. In my country the normal practice is to pay salary via bank transsfer... We were able to contact accountancy company who manages our company's finance and the accountant will find paystubs. I will need to get them translated...

In the letter the officer doesn't say what concerns him/her just asking for these documents. I will try to provide them ASAP. Do you guys think it's bad? What to expect? Do I still have chances? would appreciate your comments.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys,

So, I applied as a CEC applicant, and today received a procedural fairness letter from CIC. It's with regards to my foreign work experience. Here's the content of the letter:

I am writing you this letter to express my concern(s) regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the review of your application, we require the following documents:

Employment Contract: For your employment with xxxx please provide copies of employment contracts and paystubs.

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by xxx.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me via your MyCIC account.

If you choose not to respond with additional information I will make my decision based on the information before me, which may result in the refusal of your application.

If the documents are not already in English or French, all documents must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. When original documents are requested, you must upload the original documents to MyCIC. We do not accept copies signed by notaries.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Sincerely,

www.canada.ca

I gained my foreign work experience at my common-law partner's company who is also applying with me. I knew that this might looked as a personal conflict when applying for even in the beginning I attached bank statements which clearly show salary payment made to me, also government tax documents from my country, and third party reference.

I don't understand why they asking me to provide these documents. The job was real and genuine. I do have employment letter (basically the one I signed when I started working) and now I'm gathering paystubs. In my country the normal practice is to pay salary via bank transsfer... We were able to contact accountancy company who manages our company's finance and the accountant will find paystubs. I will need to get them translated...

In the letter the officer doesn't say what concerns him/her just asking for these documents. I will try to provide them ASAP. Do you guys think it's bad? What to expect? Do I still have chances? would appreciate your comments.
A PFL letter needs to be taken very seriously. This is effectively an indication that IRCC is getting ready to refuse your application unless you provide the evidence required to address their concerns. In your case, it sounds like you'll be able to provide IRCC with the evidence they are requesting - so I think that puts you in a good position to address concerns and avoid the refusal.

Reactions: tobs

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
A PFL letter needs to be taken very seriously. This is effectively an indication that IRCC is getting ready to refuse your application unless you provide the evidence required to address their concerns. In your case, it sounds like you'll be able to provide IRCC with the evidence they are requesting - so I think that puts you in a good position to address concerns and avoid the refusal.
Thanks for your comment. I'm gathering all the requested documents and preparing to get them translated. What it's weird is that the officer didn't specify what his concerns are. There's no indication of misrepresentation concern or anything.

I'm just worrying that he/she might think there is insufficient evidence to prove my foreign work experience.. But I have already submitted bank statements that clearly show salary payment made to me, also income tax documents from my country which show labour related income...

Just stressing out! Not sure what else I could add?

I do found employment contract + paystub info requested from accountancy company. Should I also add any bonuses, vacation requests or anything else? I could try to gather as much documents as possible.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your comment. I'm gathering all the requested documents and preparing to get them translated. What it's weird is that the officer didn't specify what his concerns are. There's no indication of misrepresentation concern or anything.

I'm just worrying that he/she might think there is insufficient evidence to prove my foreign work experience.. But I have already submitted bank statements that clearly show salary payment made to me, also income tax documents from my country which show labour related income...

Just stressing out! Not sure what else I could add?

I do found employment contract + paystub info requested from accountancy company. Should I also add any bonuses, vacation requests or anything else? I could try to gather as much documents as possible.
Yes - the issue is that the IRCC officer doesn't beleive there is sufficient evidence to prove your foreign work experience.

I would go ahead and add the bonus and vacation request info if it's easily obtained. When it comes to PFLs, you really want to pull all of the stops out and provide all of the evidence you can to address the concerns raised.

Reactions: tobs and mau123

mau123

Nov 16, 2018
Yes - the issue is that the IRCC officer doesn't beleive there is sufficient evidence to prove your foreign work experience.

I would go ahead and add the bonus and vacation request info if it's easily obtained. When it comes to PFLs, you really want to pull all of the stops out and provide all of the evidence you can to address the concerns raised.
Thank you. That's what I will do. Will get as much documents as possible.

Thank you for advise.

Kandi Chick

Nov 2, 2017

I think you should provide what they asked asked for and maybe adding a few.Cuz including many more documents may make it even more complex.

Just my opinion maybe others have thier own comments.

Reactions: Arsh g

Fitz_1900

Sep 27, 2019
Please i applied for a study permit and received this procedural fairness letter of which i have Thursday as the last day to respond. I really need guide or a format on how to respond. Thanks..

Dear *** ANTHONY ****************,
This refers to your application for a Canadian study permit
I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.
I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specifically, I have reason to believe that the bank statement submitted with your application is fraudulent. In order to address these concerns, you must provide a MyBank Statement. No other response will be accepted. You can visit your bank branch or use your online banking account to request a “MyBank Statement Ticket” specifying the “Canadian Embassy”. The date range should specify the last one year from the date of this request.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.
You must reply to this request by email within 7 days providing a PDF copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” containing the ticket ID and passcode. If completed online you can send the original PDF file. If done at your branch you will need to scan the paper copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” into a PDF file. Please remember to include your application number in your reply message.
Application: S***************

Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada
Please use the email address noted at the top of the email for all correspondence and clearly indicate your application number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be refused.
For: Migration Officer

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Please i applied for a study permit and received this procedural fairness letter of which i have Thursday as the last day to respond. I really need guide or a format on how to respond. Thanks..

I have reviewed your application and documents you submitted in its support. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.
I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specifically, I have reason to believe that the bank statement submitted with your application is fraudulent. In order to address these concerns, you must provide a MyBank Statement. No other response will be accepted. You can visit your bank branch or use your online banking account to request a “MyBank Statement Ticket” specifying the “Canadian Embassy”. The date range should specify the last one year from the date of this request.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.
You must reply to this request by email within 7 days providing a PDF copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” containing the ticket ID and passcode. If completed online you can send the original PDF file. If done at your branch you will need to scan the paper copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” into a PDF file. Please remember to include your application number in your reply message.

Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada
Please use the email address noted at the top of the email for all correspondence and clearly indicate your application number. If you do not respond to this request within the time outlined above, your application will be refused.
They care more about you providing your My Bank Statement Ticket showing your account balances for the last year and that is all you need to provide.Don’t worry too much about the format on how to respond.They believed you forged your bank statement.

Lucky clover

Oct 8, 2021

Hey did you get a reply? How long did it take for them to process your reply for the procedural fairness?