+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter for parental sponsorship

Mkg41

Feb 2, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am sponsoring my dad. And he received procedural fairness letter due to medical condition. He has Chronic kidney disease and taking tablets. Predicting his future treatment if it might happen this letter is asked.

Do anyone have any success have similar experience while sponsoring?

Is it good to respond by ourselves or use immigration lawyers?

Anyone have any suggestions for lawyers who handles such cases and bring in success. Please advise.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
y
Hi everyone,

I am sponsoring my dad. And he received procedural fairness letter due to medical condition. He has Chronic kidney disease and taking tablets. Predicting his future treatment if it might happen this letter is asked.

Anyone have any suggestions for lawyers who handles such cases and bring in success. Please advise.

Thank you.
You should hire a lawyer but it is expensive. All depends on his stage of kidney disease. If there are fears he will require dialysis or a kidney transplant soon he will be refused since they are such expensive treatments.

Mkg41

Feb 2, 2020
He is medium risk. That's doctor says he will be fine for 2-3 yrs and may require dialysis after that. But he might not as well if he maintain his health like now.

How much was approximate cost for lawyer? Did you get or for your parents? Can u let me know the name of lawyer office you used?

Thank you

y

You should hire a lawyer but it is expensive. All depends on his stage of kidney disease. If there are fears he will require dialysis or a kidney transplant soon he will be refused since they are such expensive treatments.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He is medium risk. That's doctor says he will be fine for 2-3 yrs and may require dialysis after that. But he might not as well if he maintain his health like now.

How much was approximate cost for lawyer? Did you get or for your parents? Can u let me know the name of lawyer office you used?

Thank you
You’ll have to search the site for other people and ask what lawyer they used. Unfortunately if they think he may need dialysis that soon it may be very tough to get approval. Average cost is 65-70k per year just to get dialysis done without any appointments, medical supplies, inserting lines, etc. It is one of the things Canada really watches for when approving people. Good luck.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the problem is, that they are assessing his health for 10 year future. If there is a high risk for him to end up on dialysis or kidney transplantation during that time, then they would reject such sponsorship. Medical rejections are in many cases grey areas. However in the case you have described there is rather low chance to overturn it. If you are willing to go into such battle you need to find a lawyer that is familiar with such cases.

Iezspice

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

Thank you.
Can u update what is the proceeding in your application. Did u hire a lawyer and replied to the pfl

bsingh14

Jan 19, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thank you.
Hi

What was the decision for your parent application and did you end up hiring a lawyer, pls let know, thanks

Mkg41

Feb 2, 2020
Have you received PPR or he just passed this medical but may need to pass another medical depending on processing times before PPR.

It was during Covid times (2020) and border was closed. He received a temp PR permit letter via email.