+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter effect on citizenship application

tarun27in

Dec 7, 2018
Hello friends,

During my PR process, I received procedural fairness letter for misrepresentation of facts. I was able to overturn it by showing additional documentation around my past experience which I didn’t attach in my original PR application.

Now I am ready to apply for citizenship but have a question around whether that past incident will haunt my citizenship application too? Does that incident during PR application has any effect on the citizenship application (like there will be more stringent checks etc.)?

I have been employed with top IT companies in Canada since my PR and have no criminal record. I feel I am a bit paranoid by that PR experience and just need some comforting response from the members here

thanks for your inputs in advance.

furrukhrao

Jun 13, 2015
I don't think so and if they raise the same Issue you will use the same answers. You need to establish or keep the same facts as you did previously. They don't send fairness letters in Citizenship but Judge appointments.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello friends,

During my PR process, I received procedural fairness letter for misrepresentation of facts. I was able to overturn it by showing additional documentation around my past experience which I didn’t attach in my original PR application.

Now I am ready to apply for citizenship but have a question around whether that past incident will haunt my citizenship application too? Does that incident during PR application has any effect on the citizenship application (like there will be more stringent checks etc.)?

I have been employed with top IT companies in Canada since my PR and have no criminal record. I feel I am a bit paranoid by that PR experience and just need some comforting response from the members here

No it does not have an impact on citizenship application.
For citizenship application only reference related that they access is your UCI and when was the CoPR issued. Other than that they do not access since the PR application file# is considered close.

Lucky2016

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Hello friends,

You should be fine my friend. What ever happened at the time of PR is past and can be ignored because at the end they have granted you with PR. So You are all good.
Apply for citizenship and sit tight and have fun.