Med's Done....
28-03-2019
Passport Req..
05-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2019
LANDED..........
23-08-2019
My wife landed successfully on August 22nd, 2019, and we have gotten a bank account set up, as well as her SIN number. But as we are trying to get her ID and health card, we've come into a problem. We don't have proof of Alberta residency, as they don't accept bank statements for some reason, not even stamped ones from the bank.

I was wondering if they would accept the letter that the PR card or that her bank card will come in with as valid proof of residency, or if there's any other way to prove it.

I am currently living with my father so no utility bills in our names, even the phone bill is shared in both of our names.

Even I fought the teller when I got my License, but they made an exception because one of them told me on the phone a stamped statement would work, but it doesn't anymore unfortunately. Any help would be useful, thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Are you showing them a statement that was mailed to your residence? I'm guessing not, since she just arrived. You might have to wait a month or till you get a statement in the mail.

You can prove that you are an Alberta resident by providing the registry agent with a utility bill or other statement that has been mailed to your residence. Electronic statements, such as bank statements, are not allowed.
https://www.alberta.ca/get-id-card.aspx

sheri268

Star Member
Aug 29, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
Oct2018
AOR Received.
Oct2018
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
March2019
VISA ISSUED...
April 2019
LANDED..........
My wife landed successfully on August 22nd, 2019, and we have gotten a bank account set up, as well as her SIN number. But as we are trying to get her ID and health card, we've come into a problem. We don't have proof of Alberta residency, as they don't accept bank statements for some reason, not even stamped ones from the bank.

I was wondering if they would accept the letter that the PR card or that her bank card will come in with as valid proof of residency, or if there's any other way to prove it.

I am currently living with my father so no utility bills in our names, even the phone bill is shared in both of our names.

Even I fought the teller when I got my License, but they made an exception because one of them told me on the phone a stamped statement would work, but it doesn't anymore unfortunately. Any help would be useful, thanks
As per rule your Alberta health coverage will star when you landed and apply for the AHC the same thing they said to me in Calgary but when i went to another registry office they accepted my Sin n stamped bank statement so not to worry just go to another registry office with all the documents including landing papers.