+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

problems with GCKey log in - please, tell your experience

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thestral said:
I contacted Citizenship and Immigration Canada. None of it worked for me but here's what they said:

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

If you are experiencing difficulties using our online services, here are some tricks that may help you:

Verify that the information you are entering is correct;
Make sure that you are using a supported browser:
Using Internet Explorer 9.0 (or a higher version) or a different browser such as Safari 3.1;
Close your browser and start again;
Clear your cache and cookies. To do this, follow these steps:
in Internet Explorer:
Tools > Internet Options > Delete Files; and
Tools > Internet Options > Delete Cookies
in Safari:
Edit > Empty Cache; and
Edit > Preferences > Security Tab > Show Cookies > Remove All > Remove All

If you continue experiencing difficulties, please note that our service centre is not able to provide assistance regarding software, systems, certificates and applications.
;D ;D :p
they are there to process visa applications.. and not this silly software difficulties..LOL

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
Hello All,

I have forgotten my password for GC Key. One of the security questions also i answered incorrectly.

How do I recover the account? Is there any number which I can Call? Currently my account is blocked for 24 hours.

Patica

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
OmarSarfraz said:
Hello All,

I have forgotten my password for GC Key. One of the security questions also i answered incorrectly.

How do I recover the account? Is there any number which I can Call? Currently my account is blocked for 24 hours.
I believe the only way is answering the security questions

thestral

Jan 1, 2016
If you make a new account, there is an option to link an existing application to the new account. You can use this to retrieve your application if you recently reset your account after losing your GCKey or SecureKey Concierge username and password.

firstrunnerup

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
I successfully made an account for gckey but when i login to my account it says that my username or password is missing some character i am sure that i am entering a correct username and password. I registered a new username but still i am having this problem to the point that i have been suspended for 24 hours in accessing the said account.

Nabz_M

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
Sri Lanka
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
20-05-2017
Med's Request
18-11-2017
Med's Done....
28-11-2017
This problem is quite normal.. you just have to repeat logging in again and again and eventually you’ll get in

santosh3086

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Just try using In-Private browsing mode and it should allow you to login the first time. All this happens due to saved cookies or browser issues. In-Private browsing mode always works for me. Only few times it took two attempts.

Reactions: gabors

romacoco

Mar 12, 2018
Just try using In-Private browsing mode and it should allow you to login the first time. All this happens due to saved cookies or browser issues. In-Private browsing mode always works for me. Only few times it took two attempts.
Thanks! Tried this and logged in successfully in one attempt :) Previously had to try 10-12 times before being allowed in. Lol you've changed my life :D

Baharoosh

Feb 6, 2019
I'm having this problem for six days and I have tried everything; in private browsing, using different browser, clearing the browser memory... nothing works. Can anyone help me please :((

romacoco

Mar 12, 2018
I'm having this problem for six days and I have tried everything; in private browsing, using different browser, clearing the browser memory... nothing works. Can anyone help me please :((
This happened to me constantly as well. You just have to keep logging in. For me the 11th try was the magic number. Was never able to get in with less than 10 attempts and almost always got in on the 10th-11th try. Annoying but you do it enough you get used to it.

AjayB123

Jul 29, 2018
I first login on normal browser, which redirects to home page. Than i login in incognito mode which lets me through to my account.So it usually takes 2 attempts in my case.

Reactions: Baharoosh

bairn7

Feb 27, 2015
I've had this issue ever since I set up my account. Both IE and chrome have the same issue. The following works every time for me... (max 2 attempts required).

Clear internet history
Login as normal but leave 10 seconds before clicking on to the next page - this is crucial for me. I don't know what it is, but if you click through pages too fast, I get the looped to the CIC homepage.

It is incredibly annoying, but I've come to accept it now.

Reactions: Baharoosh

Baharoosh

Feb 6, 2019
This happened to me constantly as well. You just have to keep logging in. For me the 11th try was the magic number. Was never able to get in with less than 10 attempts and almost always got in on the 10th-11th try. Annoying but you do it enough you get used to it.
Thanks for your help it worked on the fifth time! I had to close it at start all over again. I just hope that it stays this way it seems that it is different for every person!

Baharoosh

Feb 6, 2019
A note for anyone with the same problem.

Log in with your info, don't sign out. Open a new window and go to GC key login again. It takes you to your profile!