+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with Marriage Certificate (India) for NRI post ITA

Roh4some

Jun 27, 2018
Dear All,

Request your kind assistance.

I was facing a particular challenge with my profile document submission where my case was cancelled by IRCC last weekend mentioning incomplete documentation and specifically pointing out to the marriage certificate which was issued by Indian Consulate in Dubai. This was not accepted by IRCC as it mentioned married based on names on passport. I would only request your kind assistance in guiding me with the below particular question:

1) Will our submission of the Church Wedding Certificate which is notarized and attested by Ministry of External Affairs India and UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs along with the marriage letter issued by Indian Consulate be acceptable in the next submission?

2) Is there a possible way you may suggest apart from going through the tedious and very lengthy process of Marriage Registration from India? Would a notarized affidavit from any lawyer be that particular way? In such case shall it only be a IRCC registered lawyer?

It would be really wonderful to hear from you with the above query. Thank you for your time

Best Regards,
Rohan

javeds

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
Hi

I spent $2000 dollars and about 35 days of vacation to get to India and get my marriage certificate sorted. I lost over $10000 in this process. In fact marriage certificate was the reason why my AOR was delayed close to 3 months from ITA.

In the end see my status below.

You do whatever it takes. There are no shortcuts.

Good luck.

Thanks

Roh4some

Jun 27, 2018
Hi Javed,

Thank you for the update and kind advise. I am doing all my paperwork by myself and got stuck with this one, some agents just randomly keep saying they will sort out all such issues and there are lawyers who's affidavits will suffice and overrule this requirement. I do not trust them as in the end they would only want to close sales and go their way. True in life there are not many shortcuts but a smarter time saving way would have been a breather. Thank you again