+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem with entering Current Study

hosseinmhz

Feb 17, 2017
I am entering my current study in my profile. What should I answer for the question "Was *** awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study? "

These are my answers to the earlier questions:

- This is my current study? -> Yes

- Standing at the end of study period? -> Not completed

omarimam

Apr 11, 2016
Ottawa-Ontario
NOC Code......
hosseinmhz said:
I am entering my current study in my profile. What should I answer for the question "Was *** awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study? "

have you obtained a degree from Canada?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
hosseinmhz said:

Clearly, you haven't got any degree, diploma or certificate for this study period, yet. How can you answer 'yes' for a Canadian one? ;)
You should reply 'No' to this question.

hosseinmhz

Feb 17, 2017
Of course I haven't got a Canadian degree yet. But this is my question, why it asks me this question while I have already said that this is my current study?

And when I am saying no, another question pops up asking "Has *** had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate?"

It is just confusing to me that it asks these questions for a program that is my current study and I have declared it is not completed yet?

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
hosseinmhz said:
Of course I haven't got a Canadian degree yet. But this is my question, why it asks me this question while I have already said that this is my current study?

And when I am saying no, another question pops up asking "Has *** had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate?"

It is just confusing to me that it asks these questions for a program that is my current study and I have declared it is not completed yet?
Yeah, it might sound confusing but what's the big deal in answering 'No' to these questions, if they don't apply in your case? :)

IRCC just wants to make sure you're not deprived of any single CRS point you might otherwise be eligible for. ;)

For example, in some countries, many postgraduate programmes have multiple outcomes/options, i.e., certificate, diploma, degree.. based on the duration of the study. Like, you could have completed a part of the study and could claim a diploma (and might have received one) but would have decided to go on with the study for few more months/or an another year to get the advanced degree, the Masters! In such a case, you might be able to fetch some extra CRS points for the part of your 'current' study.

PurpleTuzi

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
11-17-2016
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-03-2017
hosseinmhz said:

You are correct. I did the same

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Do you mind clarifying the difference between "not completed" and "in good standing but no certificate or diploma awarded"? thanks :)

FifthIndian

Dec 19, 2021
Do you mind clarifying the difference between "not completed" and "in good standing but no certificate or diploma awarded"? thanks :)
What did you end up doing? I'm confused about what I am supposed to select for that. I am currently studying for a 2-year masters degree and I am in my second year right now and have no backlogs. Does that mean I'm "in good standing but no certificate or diploma awarded"? I do not have any transcripts to show for it as my university has not issued any because of COVID. Should I select "not completed" because of this?

FifthIndian

Dec 19, 2021
What did you end up doing? I'm confused about what I am supposed to select for that. I am currently studying for a 2-year masters degree and I am in my second year right now and have no backlogs. Does that mean I'm "in good standing but no certificate or diploma awarded"? I do not have any transcripts to show for it as my university has not issued any because of COVID. Should I select "not completed" because of this?
I messaged IRCC and here is their response:
Hi. If you haven't completed your studies yet, you would select "Not completed". Good academic standing means you got an acceptable mark or grade point average for your study program.