+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

problem with admission deferal

Anil K

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied to centennial clg for environmental protection technology 3 years advanced diploma
paid 1 year fee and GIC
first applied in july
rejected with reason course makes no sense and will not leave canada after study
I applied again on 08th aug
course satart date is 3rd sep
its extended till 17th sep
but my visa is still under processing
and many who are in my position are applying for defer letter
and I did not get any mail frm CHC requesting to provide defer letter
and today my agent is forcing me to defer my admission for jan but there is no intake for the course I opted
i mean
previously I applied for environmental protection technology
and this course is not there for jan intake
so my agent is forcing me to to defer my admission to a course named Health Informatics Technology
but I am not interested in it. all the subjects in this course is related to web , software etc which I am not aware of.
in the mean wile I applied to ICM clg transfer to (uni of manitoba) program
for bachelors in science with major in environmental science

so is there a option like I will mail the CHC this offer letter for jan intake and will say that I will transfer the fee from centennial college to this university after getting visa(anyway the money (1 year tuition fee) is in canada only)
but my agent is very angry when i said I applied to other ICM on my own
and she is saying u cant do any thing u should only defer ur admission in the same clg
if I want to got to other I should cancel my application and apply freshly by paying fee for it. (and it will be noted as rejected)
is it true cant I do as I said above
because my course is not there for jan intake
plz reply asap because I should do it fast.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Anil K said:
anyone plz reply!
so just to clarify u applied to a course for which u got rejection stating course mismatch right? then u again applied to the same course expecting a different result? is ur agent suggesting u to do this? u should choose the course u want forget about the agent. agents get paid by the college for sending candidates so agents dont have ur interests at heart. what is u profile?

Anil K

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
so just to clarify u applied to a course for which u got rejection stating course mismatch right? then u again applied to the same course expecting a different result? is ur agent suggesting u to do this? u should choose the course u want forget about the agent. agents get paid by the college for sending candidates so agents dont have ur interests at heart. what is u profile?

at first time I applied for environmental protection technology 3 years advanced diploma
rejected with reason course makes no sense (its not a mismatch)
at that time I did not submit proof for finance like IT returns of my parents I think that is the reason (my agent said no proofs needed in SPP)

second time applied to the same course with IT Returns and strong SOP stating course is not mismatch and my future options with it and my interest in it
thats why they kept it under pending (but did not reject)

the problem is sep intake is over so I should defer my admission to jan intake
in normal case admission defer happens in the same college and same course
but in this case my course is not available in jan intake at my college
so the other option my agent gave is
to change the course in the defer letter from the same college
and the course is health informatics technology (which is not at all related to the previous course which I applied for visa) & (even I dont like it, as its related to web, software etc which I am not aware of)
here are two options
as previously they said course makes no sense this time if I apply to other course then they may approve
and secondly I gave them a long SOP stating my interest, need and future option in this course and its also true (so if I change the course they may feel like what ever I have said in the SOP abt my course is a lie)
and admission defer happens in the same college and my course is not there for jan intake

I in the mean wile had applied to ICM which is a university college and after 1st year we will transfer to uni of manitoba ( and I got offer from it in jan intake) and this is a bachelors degree
the course is bachelors of science and we can take major as environmental science
this is related to my previous applied course and as in rejection letter course makes no sense I am changing from diploma to bachelors so visa approval chances are high

but the problem is we should send defer letter to CHC
so can I send this offer letter from ICM and along with it can I write SOP stating that I will defnetly transfer the fee from centennial clg to this ICM after I get the visa

for this my agent say that unless I pay fee in ICM they dont believe me (but my money 1 year tuition and GIC is in canada only)
and they will reject the file saying to reapply again for the fresh university

so wat should I do
1} get defer letter from the same college with the other course
2}submit offer letter from other university and write a letter (or on stamp paper that I will transfer the fee from the clg and I am changing the clg because my course is not there for jan intake)
is the 2} option practically possible?
plz reply asap

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
what is ur profile ...u got rejected with reason course does not make sense means mismatch ur past studies do not align with the course u selected. U first have to rectify the reason for rejection. so before u go ahead and deffer to any other course first step back and look at what options u have and what is the suitable course for u which u can justify. u dont have to rush if u get 2 second rejection it wont look good on ur record and 3rd time will be a little difficult so be careful what u do. so lets start with ur profile..patience is a virtue.... forget about what he said she said .

Anil K

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
what is ur profile ...u got rejected with reason course does not make sense means mismatch ur past studies do not align with the course u selected. U first have to rectify the reason for rejection. so before u go ahead and deffer to any other course first step back and look at what options u have and what is the suitable course for u which u can justify. u dont have to rush if u get 2 second rejection it wont look good on ur record and 3rd time will be a little difficult so be careful what u do. so lets start with ur profile..patience is a virtue.... forget about what he said she said .
I have interest in science
my 10th general science is 91%
and I took Bi.P.C group in my inter (11+12) Bi.P.C is Botany, zoology, physics and chemistry
I have 96% above in all this science practicals
and also I qualified environmental studies as a subject in my indeterminate
through my interest I opted for post secondary diploma in environmental protection technology 3 years advanced diploma
so its not a mis-match
the thing is I did not submit IT returns of my parents 1st time as my agent said in SPP no need to submit proofs as I paid 1 year fee and GIC
I think this is the reason for rejection in the first time
2nd time I submitted IT returns and wrote abt my past study and my future in this field

plz suggest me wat should I do now!
I applied for ICM and I got offer
ICM is like I will study one year there and transfer to University of manitoba in 2nd year. Its a bachelor degree
its bachelor of science and we can take major as environmental science
so if we see in any way
1) I and changing my course
2)changing from clg to university
3) changing from diploma to bachelors

but my question is I paid 1 year fee in Centennial college
and to defer my admission from sep to jan, the course is not available

so my question is instead of giving defer letter to CHC
can I give offer letter from ICM
and can I tell them I will transfer my fee from centennial to ICM after I get visa
OR
I will take refund from centennial after getting visa and pay the money in ICM
can I do as I said above?

and my agent says ""NO""
because her version is that CHC will not believe me if I will say I will pay the tuition by taking money from centennial
so she is forcing me to go to another course in centennial itself
and there are no more post secondary programs in centennial for jan intake
she said me to join ""health informatics technology""
and I have no interest in it

and also my version is
while applying second time I gave along SOP to CHC stating my interest in the subject of environment and my career in it
so even if I will listen to my agent and it I will change the program
VO may think that wat I have written in the SOP is false

so wat should I do now?

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
In my opinion, the ICM course sounds good - a bachelor's degree from a university is always better than a diploma from a college in my opinion. Especially when you got such high grades in high school level science, you'd probably end up doing good at the university level. Don't listen to your agent, she probably just wants you to take another course at Centennial because she won't get a commission if you don't end up actually going to Centennial or something. As for the documents you need to submit to CIC, I don't know.

Anil K

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elokuu said:
In my opinion, the ICM course sounds good - a bachelor's degree from a university is always better than a diploma from a college in my opinion. Especially when you got such high grades in high school level science, you'd probably end up doing good at the university level. Don't listen to your agent, she probably just wants you to take another course at Centennial because she won't get a commission if you don't end up actually going to Centennial or something. As for the documents you need to submit to CIC, I don't know.
thank you elokuu
this is wat I want to explain
and can any one help me about documents
should i submit new offer letter or not?