+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

problem to get PR card, SIN and OHIP after landing in canada with no surname

kaanchi

Jun 11, 2014
Please could someone help me with my urgent problem. I got passport with visa and COPR. Since i dont have surname, my visa and COPR came as same without surname. I am flying soon and getting worried that this might cause problem to get PR, SIN and OHIP after landing. If try to change it before i fly, its too much waiting. First i have to correct my passport (dont know how long it will take) and then send passport to new delhi office to get a new visa (this also dont know how long is process). Please help. thanks!

sanjak1907

Jun 17, 2014
Hope this help you
As per CIC "If you do not have a surname on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field, write “not applicable” or “N/A” in the given name field."

check cic website

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
kaanchi said:
Please could someone help me with my urgent problem. I got passport with visa and COPR. Since i dont have surname, my visa and COPR came as same without surname. I am flying soon and getting worried that this might cause problem to get PR, SIN and OHIP after landing. If try to change it before i fly, its too much waiting. First i have to correct my passport (dont know how long it will take) and then send passport to new delhi office to get a new visa (this also dont know how long is process). Please help. thanks!
SIN can be applied at airport while landing, PR will be sent to you.

Don't worry, I knew a lady once who had single name "Luminous"

kaanchi

Jun 11, 2014
To user828,

thanks again for the response. I do have 2 name, but no surname. And i am thinking to make 2nd name as surname and first name as given name in canada. Do you have any suggesstion how to make changes. Will this cause any problem to get my PR and other cards. Thanks in advance.