+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem paying fees

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been trying to pay the fees ($1040) on line with my credit card but I am having a problem.

After entering my information I get an error message that the “state or province field is required”. Since I am in Mexico and the address on my credit card in Mexico I have been choosing “not applicable” because the Mexican states do not come up in the list. I do put the name of my city and choose the country Mexico from the country list.

The CIC online page then tells me that my transaction has been denied. So I call my credit card company and they say that the charge has gone through on my account no problem ! :eek: I have tried calling the number on the transaction record from CIC but I it does not work since I am not calling from Canada.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a suggestion or a number that I can call from outside Canada? I was really hoping to get our application sent out today but it does not look like that is going to happen.

Thanks

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
argh... that would make me mad!!!

try this number to reach the call center in ottawa.... otherwise try to reach your local embassy and explain the situation and ask for guidence!

1-613-944-4000

the number for the visa/immigration office in mexico apparently is (55) 5724.7900

good luck!

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for that number. I did call and finally got through to an agent, who in turn transferred me to the online services department.

The agent there informed me that basically there is nothing that could be done, that all the information was required and if it could not be input (even if it is because the state does not appear in the drop down list) a different payment method would have to be used.

He also informed be that although the charges (yes more than one because I tried it a couple of times) were authorised by my credit card company, they would not appear on my credit card statement because CIC would not put the charges through since CIC, failed the transaction.