Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
We can t get the police certificates for x amout of reasons. I do not know what to do. It is for my husband, a peruvian who has lived in Mexico for 10 Months, 5 months total in Baja California.

What happends if I can not provide a certificate ? What is the policy on this. I am sure this is a problem at time.

Anyone has any idea on how to proceed.

Back in Ocotober 2010, we were asked to send in all police clearance. WE sent all the other ones needed, but we were not able to provide them with that one. We explained asking them to assis us, and never got an asnswer.

Our lawyer got in touch with Lima, again, back at the end of March, asking for a status update, and asking again about this situation, and again, no answer.

The clercks in Baja california, have given us a lot of conflicting informations. Some even told us it would be impossible to get this, but at other times, we are told it is possible to do, as long as we send someone who can do it in person. WE have a freind that went on three occacion with different documents, based on what was requested by the clercks, but in the end, he was never able to obtain the certificats...

we also contacted a bunch of mexican lawyers we found online. Again lot of conflicting informations: some said it was impossible, other say it would only be possible if he can go in person. Finally, two suggested it would be eventually possible to do but want to charge us about 500$...which i am very reluctant to send, one because after all, we do not know who we are dealing with, two because of all the other answers we got, and attempts that have failed.

The reason we seemed to be unable to do this are two: one he is not a mexican, and doens t hold any Mexican ID, which is supposedly one of the requirement to obtain the certificat (altought some clercks have told us otherwise), and one of the other requiremetns is that he needs to go in preson (again some clercks have told us otherwise).

Anyone has any idea on what to do in such situation ? How can it affect our application. Is it possible to get this waived?

It has been now 17 months since we first applied, back in december 2009, and this whole thing is starting to be really painfull and frustrating. It is specially really frustrating, seeing that most aplication in Lima get resolved after 9 months or so. WE were told it should take about 12 months when we got the first letter of reception in January 2010.

I feel really helpless and would like to know if anyone has any idea on what I should to rectify this situation, and also get some answers back from the embassy on the status of the application.

Thank you, Slune

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Have you tried sending a detailed letter and supporting documentation to the VO handling your file explaining that you can't obtain that specific PC?

We were unable to obtain one of the required PCs for my husband's application. We tried for six months before we actually submitted the application but kept hitting brick walls. So instead of including that PC, we added a letter to our application package explaining how we had attempted to obtain the PC (i.e. our repeated tries and who we contacted) and what responses we had received. Where possible, we included proof such as email responses from embassies, etc. We also quoted a few web sites which stated that the PC we were trying to obtain was impossible to get.

This worked for us and they processed my husband's application without that specific PC. I obviously don't know if this was due to the fact that we wrote the letter - or if the VO already knew that PCs were impossible to get for this country for the period of time my husband was there.

Good luck...

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011