+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem in submiting New Zealand Police Certifcate

Fran22

May 17, 2022
Hi, everyone, I have problem in submitting New Zealand Police Certificate to IRCC and hope someone can help.

I applied family class sponsorship to sponsor my wife to Canada. The final step is to submit New Zealand police certificate during her stay in NZ. I have following the exact instruction on the IRCC website (apply Criminal Conviction History with full records of convictions)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

I received the report from New Zealand Department of Justise and email the report to Canada IRCC. However, IRCC said the report is not a proper New Zealand Report and ask me to go back and follow the IRCC website to get the Police report again.

My problem now is I am in a deadlock.

1. I follow exactly the IRCC website instruction,
2. get the Criminal Conviction History report from New Zealand Department of Justise.
3. submit the report to Canada IRCC,
4. then IRCC comes back to say its not a proper report and told me to go back to follow the website instruction to get the report

This has been happened twice and I am getting this problem the third time. If anyone in the forum got the same problem, please let me know if you have find the solution to break this deadlock.

Thanks.

Last edited:

KLT

Mar 24, 2022
Hi, everyone, I have problem in submitting New Zealand Police Certificate to IRCC and hope someone can help.

I applied family class sponsorship to sponsor my wife to Canada. The final step is to submit New Zealand police certificate during her stay in NZ. I have following the exact instruction on the IRCC website (apply Criminal Conviction History with full records of convictions)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

I received the report from New Zealand Department of Justise and email the report to Canada IRCC. However, IRCC said the report is not a proper New Zealand Report and ask me to go back and follow the IRCC website to get the Police report again.

My problem now is I am in a deadlock.

1. I follow exactly the IRCC website instruction,
2. get the Criminal Conviction History report from New Zealand Department of Justise.
3. submit the report to Canada IRCC,
4. then IRCC comes back to say its not a proper report and told me to go back to follow the website instruction to get the report

This has been happened twice and I am getting this problem the third time. If anyone in the forum got the same problem, please let me know if you have find the solution to break this deadlock.

Thanks.
Hi,

What did you end up doing? I also followed exactly what says on the mentioned website and got a report from Ministry of Justice of New Zealand.

Fran22

May 17, 2022
Hi,

What did you end up doing? I also followed exactly what says on the mentioned website and got a report from Ministry of Justice of New Zealand.

Did IRCC accept your report from Ministry of Justice of New Zealand?

I still got stuck. IRCC keeps saying it's not a valid police certficate and points me to the same old link to reapply.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

KLT

Mar 24, 2022

I still got stuck. IRCC keeps saying it's not a valid police certficate and points me to the same old link to reapply.

They haven't commented on mine yet. I think we share the same report. There is something called 'Police vetting', https://www.police.govt.nz/faq/how-do-i-get-a-police-clearance-certificate, but that we can't get. Let's keep in touch, shall we?

Last edited:

KLT

Mar 24, 2022

Have you explained to them that you followed the instructions on the IRCC's website and you just got the same result? You can try to put your explanation on top of the second or third New Zealand criminal record. You can try recording your steps and upload them to Youtube, and attach the link to the explanation too.

Sundar88

Jun 20, 2023
HI everyone,
I am in similar situation. I stayed 3 years in Newzealand.And I am trying to get criminal conviction history check document from New zealand for my express entry application. Do i need to submit any other document apart from this one as a proof of pcc from New zealand. I saw some website suggested to submit consent disclosure NZ form.
Could you please help on this process and how you resolve your issue

KLT

Mar 24, 2022
HI everyone,
I am in similar situation. I stayed 3 years in Newzealand.And I am trying to get criminal conviction history check document from New zealand for my express entry application. Do i need to submit any other document apart from this one as a proof of pcc from New zealand. I saw some website suggested to submit consent disclosure NZ form.
Could you please help on this process and how you resolve your issue
I followed the IRCC’s instructions and got through without any issues.

Sundar88

Jun 20, 2023
Hi Sir
I followed the IRCC’s instructions and got through without any issues.
Hi sir,
Thanks for your response.I just received own criminal conviction report from justice new Zealand .is this enough for pcc document. If possible Could you please share.what is the step you followed for you in this process