+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem in Name Intials

Indu GP

Star Member
Oct 14, 2018
Hi
In India its common to add initials of parents.But in Passport they only allow full version of the initials.
Eg : Name Ratheesh PV
P-pavithran
V- veena
Passport Name-Ratheesh pavithran veena
So all my other documents have the name with initials. IELTS and WES has my passport name.Is this considered as a name mismatch? Do i Have to provide an explanation for this?If yes where i can get that.
And most importantly which name should i use when i create express entry profile?

rajsrini

Mar 25, 2018
I think this would be the case for many people from India. All my educational documents have name followed by initials. Whereas IELTS has my full name as in passport. WES will have full name as well as indicate the name for each credential as given in degree cert.

While submitting the EE profile I used full name as in passport. At this time I was not asked any supporting document to explain the name difference. But once we get ITA and then when we submit eAPR, there it will ask for it. So I had uploaded a Letter of Explanation stating that initials are not expanded in educational docs and that both names refer to one person which is me.

Reactions: Indu GP