+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Problem at canada immigration for Different Name in Birth certificate

dhruv_963

Sep 25, 2019
Hi i am Dhruv,
My question is my name on Birth Certificate is jay and rest of all documents like leaving certificate, PAN card, driving license, aadhar card, election card etc have same name on it. It is Dhruv. I did all try to change name on Birth Certificate but it doesn't happen. I heard that birth certificate is mandatory at canada immigration that time if i have different name on birth certificate So might be they reject me. So in this case what should i do? Please help me it means lot for me. Please help me

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Personally never heard of anyone being able to change any name on a birth certificate , it is the name born with / registered with at birth. From that point on people change their names at will usually through some legal process in order to satisfy a documentation requirement such as for a passport. So how did you get a passport in your new name what proof did you have show in your country that it was you applying and you were a citizen of your country ?

dhruv_963

Sep 25, 2019
Personally never heard of anyone being able to change any name on a birth certificate , it is the name born with / registered with at birth. From that point on people change their names at will usually through some legal process in order to satisfy a documentation requirement such as for a passport. So how did you get a passport in your new name what proof did you have show in your country that it was you applying and you were a citizen of your country ?
Sir i have passport with my new name and proof for passport i gave leaving certificate and Aadhar card but problem is to change my name. So how can i change it? Any chance to change name with legal process of court?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
You didn’t answer Bs65’s question. How were you able to get a passport? Isn’t one of the requirements to get a passport your birth certificate?

dhruv_963

Sep 25, 2019
N
No sir no requirement of Birth certificate compulsory to get passport.It's optional between birth certificate and leaving certificate for proof of birth to get passport in india.

dhruv_963

Sep 25, 2019
I have dealt with Canadian immigration for the past 15 years and i dont remember being asked for birth certificate for my study permits,work permit and PR.They probably ask in sponsorship cases to prove relationship.Immigration rules change all the time,and they apply differently to different cases so maybe it is mandatory in your case.
Yeah actually you are right sir about rules and recent rules say it's not mandatory to show birth certificate at Canadian immigration but also this thing depends on immigration officer. Suppose he will ask me to show your Birth certificate that time what should i do?

Connectuae

Sep 20, 2018
UAE
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Dubai
Yeah actually you are right sir about rules and recent rules say it's not mandatory to show birth certificate at Canadian immigration but also this thing depends on immigration officer. Suppose he will ask me to show your Birth certificate that time what should i do?
Nobody will ask you for your birth certificate at border or landing.
Secondly, apply for new late entry birth certificate and give them new documents. Forget old certificate.
Birth certificate will be needed when you will apply for permanent residence application. So its better to get it under your new name.

dhruv_963

Sep 25, 2019
Nobody will ask you for your birth certificate at border or landing.
Secondly, apply for new late entry birth certificate and give them new documents. Forget old certificate.
Birth certificate will be needed when you will apply for permanent residence application. So its better to get it under your new name.
Yeah sir thank you so much i am also thinking about apply late entry birth certificate and forgot old birth certificate because my name is totally different in birth certificate so it's possible to do with late entry birth certificate and yeah if i am going with student visa so i will definitely apply for permanent residence in future so i need birth certificate.