+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools ....

Lis1412

Oct 31, 2015
hello everyone,

I have some issue. I received my ITA and my score is 445. However after I reassessed my education document, I noticed that I missed an important point. I missed this point about " private post-secondary school that operates under the same rules as public schools " .
I graduated from private school in Vancouver. However I am not sure if the school operates under the same rules as public schools. I already emailed my school to ask about this. So, if I end up do not get the 15 points, my CRS score gonna be under the cut off score.

I am planning to add my foreign degree with the ECA to my education history to add some points. (in case I cannot get that 15 points from my Canadian diploma)
And I will write a letter of explanation for this mistake. I did not claim point from my bachelor before on my express entry , do you guys think I can still claim the point after ITA ? or the immigration
gonna be suspicious about it?

Whats the best way that I should do on this situation ?

Thank you

Danielhoang

May 17, 2018
Hi Daniel. No. I ended up cannot claimed that point. So, I need to decline my ITA and resubmit my EE. Luckily, I got an ITA again after that :)
Oh you are so lucky ! Btw does the private school said that they are not under same rule as public school ?

Lis1412

Oct 31, 2015
thanks !!. Yup, I asked my school and they said they do not operates under the same rules as public schools

Gabrielmsf

Star Member
Apr 7, 2019
Hey Lis, i'm curious.... you said that you didn't get the 15 points for "canadian education", but did you get any points at all for the canadian diploma?

For example, if I have a one year diploma I should get the 84 diploma basic points + the 15 extra points for the canadian education... if it's a private school I guess i can't claim the extra 15 points, but can I still get the 84?