+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Private Insurance for Visitor Visa

prak11

Star Member
May 5, 2010
Dear All,

I'm an indian citizen and canadian PR.My wife is an indian citizen and does not have a PR.My wife is planning to come to canada on visitor visa. I'm planning to then apply for her PR from canada as OUTBOUND application.I live in Ontario. My question is
(a) do visitors get coverage after 3 months of landing like others?
(b) What is the best private insurance available for visitors.I see that only emergency insurance is available to visitors.Is there any other private insurance available?
(c)assuming only emergency insurance is available, What happens if the visitor has something like a fever.the visitor cannot go to a doctor if she has only emergency insurance.can we see the doctor directly?how much do they charge if you see a doctor directly without OHP card?

Please advise

Thanks

prak11

Star Member
May 5, 2010
haver,

Thanks for the reply. My point is, I need some kind of insurance so that my wife can go to the doctor if it is necessary. Do you think until my wife gets the PR, would Emergency insurance suffice?

I would like coverage in this kind of case too like my wife has fever for couple of days and it becomes necessary to visit the doctor.In this case the insurance should allow her to visit the doctor.

Generally what do visitors to Canada do? do they just purchase emergency insurance for 6 months?do they find it fine.Please advise since you are an agent...

Thanks

Apr 28, 2011
prak11,

I had a friend visit me recently. I bought her 4 months of private insurance just in case and it covered everything. She had to go visit the doctor and it only took a week to get reimbursed after the claim was submitted. Im guessing thats quick? :) and it was better priced then most of the other companies I looked at, check it out. Google safevisit. I bought coverage for $50,000 and paid $300. And visitors dont get covered by OHIP after 3 months, if thats what you were asking.

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Prak11,

You have to buy for your wife Visitors to Canada Insurance. I provided you with a link to 3 different insurance companies.

In some cases you don't have to pay upfront when you visit a doctor in case of medical emergency.
There is a phone # in insurance policy you should call. They provide you with an address of nearest clinic
to visit. To the moment you arrive the insurance company will fax the form you should fill.
During you visit they will speak with your doctor assistant. In some cases they will be able to pay
for your visit right at your visit. In others - you pay first and they will decide if you are eligible for reimbirsment.

You also can visit some of work in clinic to see the doctor. Some of them will charge a fee for the visit
without medical insurance.

I am sorry. I was banned for several weeks and I was not able to reply. Somebody does not like when I post links to my website. This is my way to make living - to sell insurance. If you will ban me again I won't be able to reply here.
I am here not for fun.