+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Priority Processing and NOC Code - Help!!

WinnieDog18

Mar 26, 2024
Hello,

I submitted my application online for a work permit last night. I was reading up about times for priority processing and I discovered I should have put the NOC code in the 'job title' box on the application form for those which could have priority processing (see below). I just put the job title without the NOC code (my code would be 31100 which is definitely eligible for priority processing). My NOC code is on the LMIA but I haven't put it on the application form or in the Client Letter.

When you fill out the work permit application form
To get priority processing, follow these steps:
  1. Get the National Occupational Classification (NOC) number your employer entered on the
    • offer of employment or
    • labour market impact assessment (LMIA)
  2. Enter that number in the Job title box.
    • This is box 4 in the Details of intended work in Canada section.
    • You must enter only the number.

• Does anyone know if this will make a difference?
  • How long until they do the initial check of my application after I submitted it?
  • Will they put it in priority processing if they see the NOC code on my LMIA or based on the job title I have given?

I have sent a message via the web form explaining this but it could take them 28 days to see the message. I am from the UK so unable to ring them according to their website. I tried ringing the UK Canadian Visa Centre but they said they couldn't help.

Additionally, I have gone back into my application and downloaded the application form I submitted and it is completely blank - which is very confusing. Is this normal?

Thanks for your help!