+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

priop preparation towards sponsoring my wife

Paul63

Dec 18, 2008
Hi All,
I am currently gathering all the stuff i need to sponsoring my wife.Apart from the chatting messages log between me and my wife,western union and the moneygram sent to her,the phone bills, the engagement pictures and the wedding pictures,wedding cards disturbed to all our wedding guest,.In addition i need detailed information to be able to sponsoring my wife as quickly as possible.I am yet to submit my application to CPC at Mississauga and i just married my wife in july this year in my home country.
I am doing my best to submit a detailed application devoid of any mistake and faults.So I need advice from fellow forum members.Thanks

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
Good luck Paul. I hope that you and your wife are one of the fast ones.

1. Start your background check now (in the US takes 12-16 weeks to process)
2. Order the sponsor's option C printout at the same time as your background check.
3. Don't schedule your medical until about 2 weeks you expect your FBI clearance to come (because they expire in 1 year).
4. Make sure that it is a Designated Medical Practitioner that is listed on the CIC website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx
5. Get your photos done just before you mail off your application (they expire in 6 months)
6. Make sure your photos are the right size take this to photographer: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33048.PDF
7. If she has lived in Canada for longer than 6 months do a canadian background check (it takes 6-10 weeks).
8. Send everything all at once (prevents them from "misplacing" things): background clearance, medical, sponsor application, applicant application, proof of relationship documents, option c print out and anything else that they require. Just follow the guide very carefully.
9. Sign and date all documents
10. Fill out everything required
11. Pay all your fees at once (this includes you RPRF or Right of permenant residence fee).
12. Make sure that you triple check the address that you send documents to is the correct one for the documents you are sending.
13. Have lots of proof of you relationship and have it well organized and clipped together.
14. These threads should help you with your proof:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44701.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anybody-have-a-sample-of-declaration-of-status-from-friends-t54357.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t54204.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t48224.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t49665.0.html
15. Put the file number stickers on the OUTSIDE of the envelope when corresponding with visa office. But don't forget to save one sticker for your passport request.
15. Ask lots of questions on this forum and search out other peoples experiences by using the search took on this forum.

Paul63

Dec 18, 2008
Thank ljane79
for the advice given,infact i was a little refused on how i should organize with application with respect to sponsoring me wife,I read all the URL link u gave me.In summary above is the evidence of proof of genuine relationship between myself and my sponsor which i plan to send to the CIC
1.printed google talk chat messages about 10 to 20 pages
2.printed e-mail exchanged in yahoo about 10 to 20 pages
3.all the receipts show the money i send to my wife for the marriage preparation about 30 to 40 receipts from western union and money gram
4.letter authorizing a bank in my home country to withdraw money for her for our wedding preparation
5.I ve contacted my home country mobile operator to give the call log showing that i frequency call my wife which is still pending
6.wedding card we given to our guest at the wedding ceremony.
7.boarding pass from canada to my home country,plane ticket etc
8.engagement pictures showing members of my family and her family
9.wedding pictures showing pastor praying for us and most of the wedding ceremony
10.reception pictures showing members of the church enjoying refreshment etc after the wedding ceremony at church
11.photos are the marriage registry
12.photos with only the immediate members of my family in a photo studio
i guess that is the evidence i have for genuine relationship do u ve any suggestions ?

Now to the immigration process, i have a couple of question
1.the passport of my wife does not bear my family name do u suggest that i must change the family name of my wife to my family name when i am filling the applications
2.about the payment of the processing fee is it below when the immigration document is first submitted to Mississauga
Permanent Residence
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00
Family Class
Sponsorship application (per application) $75.00
Principal applicant $475.00
Total $1040
3.i came to canada via the Provincial nominees program via family sponsorship about 2 years ago will that ve impact on the sponsorship of my wife in my home country.

Thanks for your advices and suggestions which is deeply appreciated

Paul63

Dec 18, 2008
Re: prior preparation towards sponsoring my wife

Hello All

Please i want to ask the following questions below, if i am submitting my application to Mississauga
should i submit the following on the beginning stages of submitting the application to CIC in Mississauga
1.ORIGINALS OF POLICE CERTIFICATE AND CLEARANCES OF MY WIFE FROM MY HOME COUNTRY
2.TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS-- I GUESS PHOTOCOPY CERTIFIED ONES
3.PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION FOR THE SPONSORED PERSON (IMM 1017)
Please advice for i am confused
4.for the minimum income necessary requirement mandatory in the sponsor of yr spouse,i read in one of their(CIC) guide that if u are sponsoring your spouse it is not a must---- please advice for i am confused.
thanks

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
Hi Paul

When you submit to Mississauga it is best to submit everything together to avoid delays. However, the medical and the possport copies are mandatory (I don't think they'll even look at the application without it). The police clearances can be submitted later if you need to (I did so) but it may cause some delays.. so depends on how long it will delay your submitting now (for me it would have delayed submitting the application by 2 months so we just submitted without). No way of knowing how much of a delay it will cause later and they may ask for other document anyway so then you would potentially have delayed twice.

Minimum income does not apply to spousal applications HOWEVER you still need to submit the financial documentation requested (optino C print out).

As for the evidence you listed, I don't know the timeline of your relationship but I suggest that you make sure you include a lot of evidence other than the wedding related stuff you've listed. It's good to provide all that evidence for the wedding (especially showing interaction with each other's family and friends) but in light of the new laws pertaining to fraudulent marraiges, it's very important to have evidence of the start and build up of the relationship, not just the wedding. Just something to keep in mind when choosing what to incude.

good luck

ljane79

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Florida
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-06-2010
Med's Request
Sent with entire application Miss.
Med's Done....
09-10-2009
Interview........
Waived July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
October 8, 2010 Mailed it October 8, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
October 15, 2010 Received in mail Oct 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Driving to the border on Friday!!!
Paul63 said:
Thank ljane79
for the advice given,infact i was a little refused on how i should organize with application with respect to sponsoring me wife,I read all the URL link u gave me.In summary above is the evidence of proof of genuine relationship between myself and my sponsor which i plan to send to the CIC
1.printed google talk chat messages about 10 to 20 pages
2.printed e-mail exchanged in yahoo about 10 to 20 pages
3.all the receipts show the money i send to my wife for the marriage preparation about 30 to 40 receipts from western union and money gram
4.letter authorizing a bank in my home country to withdraw money for her for our wedding preparation
5.I ve contacted my home country mobile operator to give the call log showing that i frequency call my wife which is still pending
6.wedding card we given to our guest at the wedding ceremony.
7.boarding pass from canada to my home country,plane ticket etc
8.engagement pictures showing members of my family and her family
9.wedding pictures showing pastor praying for us and most of the wedding ceremony
10.reception pictures showing members of the church enjoying refreshment etc after the wedding ceremony at church
11.photos are the marriage registry
12.photos with only the immediate members of my family in a photo studio
i guess that is the evidence i have for genuine relationship do u ve any suggestions ?

Now to the immigration process, i have a couple of question
1.the passport of my wife does not bear my family name do u suggest that i must change the family name of my wife to my family name when i am filling the applications
2.about the payment of the processing fee is it below when the immigration document is first submitted to Mississauga
Permanent Residence
Right of Permanent Residence Fee $490.00
Family Class
Sponsorship application (per application) $75.00
Principal applicant $475.00
Total $1040
3.i came to canada via the Provincial nominees program via family sponsorship about 2 years ago will that ve impact on the sponsorship of my wife in my home country.

Thanks for your advices and suggestions which is deeply appreciated
What you have seems to be good. Just organize it in a way that is easy for the Immigration officer to look at. I put phone calls all together, emails all together, letters all together, letters to and from family all together and so on. Everything had a date on it and I wrote down who was in each picture and how they were related to us. I also agree with waitingintz that you need to include lots of evidence before your marriage as well.

I didn't change my name yet because I didn't want to wait for my new passport. Here's a link though http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t54743.0.html

Cost questions:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t50759.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t22833.0.html

And I'm not sure about your 3rd question.