+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal applicant-very urgent queries-pls answer!!!!

aiisha

Oct 8, 2012
Hi All,

I am a new member in this forum.I have few important questions just before sending my application. I will be sponsored by my husband who is now a permanent resident in Canada.

I would be grateful if anyone can kindly suggest me, how I, as a primary applicant, can fill out the application forms.

Q.1.
a. Generic application Form Canada (IMM0008ENU_2D):

Do I need to fill out the dependent section of this form? We don't have any children. My spouse is in Canada as a PR and is going to sponsor me. The instruction says that I have to include my spouse. What should I do?

b. Generic application Form Canada (IMM0008ENU_2D):

Language preference for
Correspondence: English
Interview: Bengali (I mentioned Bengali because I want to speak them in Bangla)
Interpreter requested: Yes/No (What should I write here?)

Q.2. I think I don't need to fill out the additional Dependant/declaration form.(as there is no dependent)

Q.3. Background Decleration form

Number of study:
At present I am studying Bachelor of Social Science 3rd(Final) year.I am waiting for my final exam, so It means I have obtained no degree yet. (Total years since my Elementary is 14 yrs+??)

a. What should I write in “Highest Level of Education” question?
-Bachelor's Degre
or
Post Graduation; No degree

b. How can I distribute my education years (14yrs+)?-

Elementary/primary school: ?
Secondary/High school: ?
University/College: ?

Q.4. Personal History:

Now I am 22.
Should I start documenting my history since my 18 th Birth day or for the last 10 yrs?

Q.5. Additional Family Info form:

Should I use a separate photocopy of that form to write my family members name in my native language ( Bengali)?

Q.6. At the time of sending gift cards/letters/phone call history (between me and my spouse) to the VO with my application package, should I send the original or the photocopies of the documents?

I would be glad if you could help with your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Aiisha

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
aiisha said:
Hi All,

I am a new member in this forum.I have few important questions just before sending my application. I will be sponsored by my husband who is now a permanent resident in Canada.

I would be grateful if anyone can kindly suggest me, how I, as a primary applicant, can fill out the application forms.

Q.1.
a. Generic application Form Canada (IMM0008ENU_2D):

Do I need to fill out the dependent section of this form? We don't have any children. My spouse is in Canada as a PR and is going to sponsor me. The instruction says that I have to include my spouse. What should I do?

Just Ignore it and write N/A as you dont have any dependents...

b. Generic application Form Canada (IMM0008ENU_2D):

Language preference for
Correspondence: English
Interview: Bengali (I mentioned Bengali because I want to speak them in Bangla)
Interpreter requested: Yes/No (What should I write here?)

If you are requesting Interview in Bengali then you need Interpreter as well to understand what you are saying to the questions and then to translate it to the Visa Officer.So it should be Yes

Q.2. I think I don't need to fill out the additional Dependant/declaration form.(as there is no dependent)

Yes just write N/A

Q.3. Background Decleration form

Number of study:
At present I am studying Bachelor of Social Science 3rd(Final) year.I am waiting for my final exam, so It means I have obtained no degree yet. (Total years since my Elementary is 14 yrs+??)

a. What should I write in “Highest Level of Education” question?
-Bachelor's Degre
or
Post Graduation; No degree

No Degree.Include all your details of your education with photo copies.I mean for first and second year marks sheets.You have one more year left to become Bachelor and Post Graduation means Masters..

b. How can I distribute my education years (14yrs+)?-

Elementary/primary school: ?
Secondary/High school: ?
University/College: ?

Elementary/Primary School: 10 years
Secondary/High School : 2 years
University/College : 2 years

Q.4. Personal History:

Now I am 22.
Should I start documenting my history since my 18 th Birth day or for the last 10 yrs?

Well this is your choice...I suggest 10 yrs would be fine and to be on safe side....

Q.5. Additional Family Info form:

Should I use a separate photocopy of that form to write my family members name in my native language ( Bengali)?

Yes you can.Write the names,date of birth,address, etc etc of all your family members ONLY.You can use separate paper if you need more space to complete the family details...

Q.6. At the time of sending gift cards/letters/phone call history (between me and my spouse) to the VO with my application package, should I send the original or the photocopies of the documents?

Send what ever u want (Original or Photo Copy )but make sure you keep a copy of all the documentation you have submitted with you as well for future reference...

I would be glad if you could help with your valuable suggestions.

Regards,

Aiisha

aiisha

Oct 8, 2012
Brother Tahsinmohammad,

I would like to thank you for your reply.It would help me a great deal.I wonder if I have to submit my educational certificates to the VO.I am asking because in my certificate i have a different surname. I have checked the checklist,but have not found anywhere they are asking for academic documents.Please let me know your suggestion.

Regards,

Aiisha

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
aiisha said:
Brother Tahsinmohammad,

I would like to thank you for your reply.It would help me a great deal.I wonder if I have to submit my educational certificates to the VO.I am asking because in my certificate i have a different surname. I have checked the checklist,but have not found anywhere they are asking for academic documents.Please let me know your suggestion.

Regards,

Aiisha
No - you don't.

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
aiisha said:
Brother Tahsinmohammad,

Regards,

Aiisha
As suggested by Scylla you dont need to submit your educational documents....As in my case I have submitted my spouse BE certificate copy just to make her case a bit more strong by showing proof that she is an engineer.I know this does not help her but hope is what keeps people going.....:)

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You don't need to submit proof of your education. Some people do: they submit a plan of how they intend to get established in Canada (evidence of planning your life together is evidence the relationship is genuine), and as part of this they may say something like "The applicant has a degree in engineering and hopes to get a job in ... once in Canada." They then submit a photocopy of the degree.

Usually in Canada elementary school is 8 years, not 10; and high school is 4 years, not 2. Though if the 2 together add up to 12 the visa officer is unlikely to be confused.

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
E-status: In process
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
canadianwoman said:
You don't need to submit proof of your education. Some people do: they submit a plan of how they intend to get established in Canada (evidence of planning your life together is evidence the relationship is genuine), and as part of this they may say something like "The applicant has a degree in engineering and hopes to get a job in ... once in Canada." They then submit a photocopy of the degree.

Usually in Canada elementary school is 8 years, not 10; and high school is 4 years, not 2. Though if the 2 together add up to 12 the visa officer is unlikely to be confused.

Canadianwoman,

Thank you very much for the info.

Aiisha