+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant Pregnant

berkek

Dec 4, 2014
Hello,

My wife (principal applicant) got pregnant and we have found about it just yet after we have submitted our application. With the latest draw, it seems we may get an ITA in the next draw, but we know that CIC requires a medical check which includes an x-ray. This is not possible for a pregnant individual.

What shall we do in this situation?

A- Inform CIC about our condition before ITA?
B- If ITA is issued, can we delay health check?

Or simply, do we have the risk of being rejected because the principal applicant is pregnant?

Please respond.

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
I have spoken to few doctors and they said with latest technologies you can do the xray in PREGNANCY....
but i think you have the option of doing other parts of the medical and leave xray, your doc will notify CIC about this and your app will be put to hold till than....

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
dukhi said:
I have spoken to few doctors and they said with latest technologies you can do the xray in PREGNANCY....
but i think you have the option of doing other parts of the medical and leave xray, your doc will notify CIC about this and your app will be put to hold till than....
They place a protective sheet and take x-ray. A friend of mine just did it 3 weeks ago. FYI..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Talk to your own doctors about this and make a decision based on what is best for your family. Check out the many threads in Forum about this. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php?action=search2
Congratulations and Good Luck!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The majority of people delay the x-ray until after the birth of the baby because this is what the majority of doctors recommend. However it's ultimately a personal decision.