+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

principal applicant not accompanying dependents upon landing...

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
hi! i'm new here... i would like to ask if someone can help me... my husband and i plan to land and have our children follow (accompanied by my in-laws) after a month... i'm the principal applicant... i was wondering if my children would have any problems at the port of entry since i will not be with them physically... i am aware that i should land ahead being the principal applicant... is there a way for the migration officer at the POE to determine that i have already landed once my children present their COPR at the POE?

i'm asking because a friend of mine who recently migrated and also planned to have her children be brought to canada by her mother-in-law asked the migration officer at the POE in vancouver if that would be alright... she was told that she, being the principal applicant, should accompany her children at the POE... so now she has to go back here in the philippines so she can bring her kids to canada...

i'm just trying to make this clear so we can plan our migration ahead... my husband and i wanted to land ahead so we can prepare everything before the children arrive such as our OHIP, SSN, driver's license, place to stay etc...

thank you all for your response in advance... God Bless!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
You and husband can certainly land before dependants and dependants can come later with your in laws. Shouldn't have any problems at POE.

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
thanks for your reply ahmadtajwer... so how come the immigration officer in vancouver told my friend that she should accompany her children at the POE?... her children are scheduled to arrive in canada at a later date, with her in-law before their entry visas expire... but since she was told of this she has made plans to come back to the country just so she is with her children when they land...

my question is, can the officer at the POE verify that i have already entered canada ahead and allow my children entry though i'm not physically present with them?

i'm so sorry for all these questions... i'm hoping someone who has done this can share their personal experience with me... i want to make sure that my children will not have any problem at the POE for having just my in-laws as companions...

thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

canimmigrant said:
thanks for your reply ahmadtajwer... so how come the immigration officer in vancouver told my friend that she should accompany her children at the POE?... her children are scheduled to arrive in canada at a later date, with her in-law before their entry visas expire... but since she was told of this she has made plans to come back to the country just so she is with her children when they land...

my question is, can the officer at the POE verify that i have already entered canada ahead and allow my children entry though i'm not physically present with them?

i'm so sorry for all these questions... i'm hoping someone who has done this can share their personal experience with me... i want to make sure that my children will not have any problem at the POE for having just my in-laws as companions...

thanks!
Your friend probably misunderstood. In your case the In laws will require a notarized letter from the parents allowing them to have the children accompany them. Without the letter is likely they will not be able to board the plane,

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
thanks PMM... yes they will be carrying a letter of authorization from DSWD... i'm just apprehensive about it as i would not want them to have any problem upon entry...

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Hi canimmigrant,

Look, I looked thoroughly in all resources I have, I couldn't find any specific handling to such case, however, all dependents must accompany the principal applicant. However, notarized letter might work for you.

I recommend you consult an immigration officer or just email your VO to undoubtedly confident.

Cheers!

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
Thank you Mezo... this is great help to my decision... i have searched extensively for information regarding this as well but have found none... my husband and i have decided we shall just take the children with us to avoid any problems at the POE... thank you very much for your advice everyone! this is a very informative blog ;D

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
You are welcome, i trust you made the right decision.

I hope you have wonderful landing and prosperous life in canada. Do let us learn from your landing experience, whenever convenient.

Cheers!

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
will do Mezo... have you landed already? where? we are still waiting for our passports with visas to be returned to us... but i'm positive it will be arriving soon...

take care! and thanks again...

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
oh, alright... i'm sure you'll get it soon... goodluck!