+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

umayadav

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Has anyone added spouse after the AOR ?

I had received the portal email before marriage and before I'd added my spouse. But that time i was outside of canada. I still have access to that portal.

Would IRCC use the same portal account for the COPR issuance ?

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Where can I find the tracking ID for the passport stamping for the spouse? I have AWB number which I can track the passport on BlueDart website which shows 'delivered to VFS'. Is there a tracking number for the VFS website also where I can check the status of stamping? Thanks

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
Where can I find the tracking ID for the passport stamping for the spouse? I have AWB number which I can track the passport on BlueDart website which shows 'delivered to VFS'. Is there a tracking number for the VFS website also where I can check the status of stamping? Thanks
AWB number is the number that is initially generated by VFS for pickup. Once the package is picked up and reaches the VFS office(In my case it went to Mumbai from Hyd), They will check the package and send this package to New Delhi. While they send the package, they will share a tracking number using which you can track the application. Also, you will be receiving emails on the email id given in the VFS web form and SMS alerts if you have opted for it.

Reactions: anisha1992

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
AWB number is the number that is initially generated by VFS for pickup. Once the package is picked up and reaches the VFS office(In my case it went to Mumbai from Hyd), They will check the package and send this package to New Delhi. While they send the package, they will share a tracking number using which you can track the application. Also, you will be receiving emails on the email id given in the VFS web form and SMS alerts if you have opted for it.
Thank you very much for clarification. Much appreciated. Just one more question. I just received an email with tracking ID. Email also says that "You can now request for courier services for return of your passport post submission of your application."
As far as I remember, I applied through two way courier. Doesn't that already include the passport return arrangement? OR do I have to raise another request for passport return?

Thanks again for response.

prathmesh77

Nov 29, 2015
@legalfalcon
Hi,
I am the PA (inland and my dependent (wife) is outland (India). I received "request letter" on Dec 19 under my name and UCI about sending passport for stamping if I am outside Canada or let IRCC know if I am inside Canada via webform. I did that part already and also mentioned in the webform that my dependent is outside Canada (in India) and I (the PA) in Canada.
I have two questions:
1. Can my wife (dependent) use this letter to send her passport for visa stamping or does she have to wait to get her dedicated "request letter" or what we call it a ppr before she can send her passport for stamping? and if she gets visa stamped based on that letter can she travel to Canada even if I (the PA) don't have eCOPR yet?
2. She already has TRV to travel to Canada and she has booked a flight for Jan 4 to come to Canada on that basis but since the PR is now almost approved can she still travel on TRV and can we let IRCC know that she is in Canada after 4th Jan to get her PR in Canada?

Thanks

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
Thank you very much for clarification. Much appreciated. Just one more question. I just received an email with tracking ID. Email also says that "You can now request for courier services for return of your passport post submission of your application."
As far as I remember, I applied through two way courier. Doesn't that already include the passport return arrangement? OR do I have to raise another request for passport return?

Thanks again for response.
The VFS form we submit for passport submission is a two-way courier. You need not request another for passport return.

Reactions: anisha1992

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi All,

I got a notification that my card was shipped to me in my GCKey account. in PR Card application, under "document status" the country of issue and the travel document number is wrong. In my COPR, everything is right. I called IRCC and the agent told me that this should be fine regardless since PR Cards do not have passport numbers in them, as long as name and "nationality" in the card is correct.

anyone faced this issue? what have you done?

pkurapat

Nov 11, 2021
@legalfalcon
Hi,
I am the PA (inland and my dependent (wife) is outland (India). I received "request letter" on Dec 19 under my name and UCI about sending passport for stamping if I am outside Canada or let IRCC know if I am inside Canada via webform. I did that part already and also mentioned in the webform that my dependent is outside Canada (in India) and I (the PA) in Canada.
I have two questions:
1. Can my wife (dependent) use this letter to send her passport for visa stamping or does she have to wait to get her dedicated "request letter" or what we call it a ppr before she can send her passport for stamping? and if she gets visa stamped based on that letter can she travel to Canada even if I (the PA) don't have eCOPR yet?
2. She already has TRV to travel to Canada and she has booked a flight for Jan 4 to come to Canada on that basis but since the PR is now almost approved can she still travel on TRV and can we let IRCC know that she is in Canada after 4th Jan to get her PR in Canada?

Thanks
Hey @prathmesh77,

One of my friends has also received a similar letter. He is inland and using that letter he has sent the passport for stamping. Last Friday the passport has reached the Delhi VO office. We are waiting for the result.
I have seen a couple of posts in this forum saying that the Delhi VO has returned back the passport saying that they haven't requested the passport.

Reactions: Naomiiiii

Sanjays2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Hey @prathmesh77,

One of my friends has also received a similar letter. He is inland and using that letter he has sent the passport for stamping. Last Friday the passport has reached the Delhi VO office. We are waiting for the result.
I have seen a couple of posts in this forum saying that the Delhi VO has returned back the passport saying that they haven't requested the passport.
looks like my spouse dependent passport returned without stamping for the second time. Literally... i am going clueless now

Shik18

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Where are you travelling to Canada from? I had a major issue at the New Delhi airport and was told I was not allowed to fly.
My flight was from New Delhi (India) to Toronto (Canada) via connecting flight in Amsterdam (Netherlands).

Long story short -> There is a weird condition in the guidelines to travel to Canada that you cannot take a connecting flight within 24 hours of your first flight in the third country (i.e. Netherlands in this case).

They didn't let me board the plane and I was forced to buy a new $2000 one way ticket to Canada (after 4 hours of arguing at the airport - Thank you KLM) on the same flight with a 24 hour stay in Amsterdam. I know this is a little confusing so let me break it down for you -

Initial booking: New Delhi to Amsterdam. Connection time: 5 hours. Amsterdam to Toronto (same day).
New booking: New Delhi to Amsterdam. Connection time: 24+ hours. Amsterdam to Toronto (next day).

KLM New Delhi said I was to take a new covid test in Amsterdam before boarding the flight. The covid test is also a mandatory condition for travelling to Canada via a third country.

I bought a new ticket on the same plane from New Delhi to Amsterdam. When I reached Amsterdam, the KLM team said they don't know anything about this rule and re-booked me back on the Toronto flight (same day). How crazy!!

Luckily, my passport allows me to go to Netherlands visa-free. There were Indian passport holders at the airport who were not allowed to board the flight OR buy a new ticket because Indian passport holders cannot pass Immigration in Amsterdam visa-free.

I would suggest you check all the rules and regulations before flying. Take a direct flight to Canada if possible.
Goodluck!
Hi, I was checking MUMBAI — LONDON— TORONTO.. We called British airways today and they said, only Canadian passport holders are allowed to board the flights from London .
I have seen few post where they allow if you have a visitor visa of London. But again nothing is clearly mentioned anywhere.
Also via dubai seems little tricky as few people are asked to stay for 48 hours to compete COVID test formality and few have cleared in 6-9 hours.
I guess the best option is to take direct flight.

Nov 21, 2020
@legalfalcon Quick question - my spouse overseas needs to travel to Canada. The intended destination is Toronto, Ontario. Can she enter Canada via Vancouver (and then local flight to Toronto)? Will there be any issues with immigration because of this reason? I applied via federal EE. Flights to Toronto are 5 times more expensive currently than flights to Vancouver.

Stash03

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi All
Will the Copr will be along the stamped passport from Delhi office.Also we we receive any update on the CIC portal as well?

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
Dear Visa officer,
Thank you for your email. My name is _________ . I am the principal applicant and my details are as follows.

Option A
email Id I want to use:

Name:
UCI:
Email (as set out in this message):
Original entry date:
Date of last time entered Canada:
Location(Port of Entry):

My spouse, who is dependent on the file, is outside Canada. She is resident of "_______" and have never been to Canada before. Please issue her Passport Request.
(Spouse Details)
Name:
UCI:

Thanks a lot for your time and consideration.

Thanks
Regards

If it helps somebody in future.
Hi @tajindertj

I have applied CEC Express entry as SPOUSE NOT ACCOMPANYING and I have received an email today asking to submit details to receive portal credentials , However , it is mentioned that
"
You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to use
the portal. If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us

know by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-

PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
"
At this point , I have applied CEC Express entry as SPOUSE NOT ACCOMPANYING and my Spouse is in INDIA and is not a resident of CANADA , My spouse does not have a valid VISA to travel to CANADA .I am the primary applicant .

Can you suggest what can i respond to IRCC ? Will this create an issue for me ? Please respond .Thanks in advance

Regards,