+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

umayadav

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I have received both MP update on CEC application and GCMS notes today.
This is what the email from MP says about my application:
  • Eligibility recommend passed (it means that the officer is leaning to recommend it’s passed but the decision is not final yet)
  • Security/criminality passed
  • Medicals are still valid
There are no additional requests on the file. Looks like it’s in due progress.

This is what I see from GCMS notes:
Assessment:
Eligibility:Recommend passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality:passed
Org crime:
Medical:passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing :complete
Other Reqs:
Final:

Does that mean my file is just waiting fora final review?
I am at same situation. All stages are passed and seems like officer need to review eligibility again or one final review. Let us know if you receive any udpate soon.

umayadav

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Received a GU just now. That is the 6th GU for me now after July 14. Timeline in signature. Oh.. God, how long will i have to wait more ?

Sanjay35821

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-08-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2020
Finally Received my COPR yesterday Dec 7.
Today December 8, I have received a Request For Visa letter which also asks for my Passport (PA) and photos with my dependent.
though it also states If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and advise our office via webform within 5 days.
Earlier I have already received a passport request letter on October 7 but was waiting for COPR.

Hi, @legalfalcon @express_entry_applicant
so now with a dependant passport should I send both letters or only one of them? If only one which one - old or new?

Note from RFV letter-
If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Today December 8, I have received a Request For Visa letter which also asks for my Passport (PA) and photos with my dependent.
though it also states If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and advise our office via webform within 5 days.
Earlier I have already received a passport request letter on October 7 but was waiting for COPR.

so now with a dependant passport should I send both letters or only one of them? If only one which one - old or new?

Note from RFV letter-
If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).
Are PPR and RFV for different things? Isn't PPR for dependents is actually the RFV?

Sanjay35821

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-08-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2020
How does RFV look like for dependents? Isn't PPR for dependents is actually the RFV?
No, actually I have received two different letters. see below

1st received on Date: October 7, 2021 (PPR ?)

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require
the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be
submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status.
As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your
landing appointment.
1) Passports
 VFS is our trusted partner for safe and secure passport transmission. Using VFS
services is the only way to submit your passport. Contact VFS in India
(www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india) or in Nepal (www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Nepal) and pay
the requisite fees for the Passport Transmission Services . A separate envelope is
required for each passport.
 Please take this letter and present it to VFS for the purchase of the secure
Passport Transmission Service. VFS will send your passport to the High Commission
of Canada in New Delhi in a secure envelope. You will then be advised by VFS when
your passport has been returned and is ready to be picked up.
 Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or
Military passports.
 There must be at least two blank pages in each passport.
 We are unable to issue a visa beyond the expiry date in your passport. Your passport
must be valid for at least six months.
2) Photographs
Please provide two (2) recent photographs along with passports for each accompanying
dependent. For instructions on photo requirements and specifications, see:
3) Change in Circumstances
4) Submitting your passport(s) in Canada (CPC-O)

2nd received on Date: December 8, 2021 (RFV ?) -

Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.
The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. Your dependants overseas must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our Vancouver Immigration office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation.
Due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, if you are unable to provide the requested documents by the due date, please advise our office. We understand that some documentation may be unobtainable at this time. Your application will not be refused because you are unable to provide the requested document on time.
STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:
STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp
a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.
Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:
o You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit.
o You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.
Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
b. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).
*** Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents. You must provide an ordinary passport. ***
STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS
You must submit together:
1. One copy of this letter.
2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.
3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.
5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants
All required documents must be submitted in one single package.
A) To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/
B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

Nov 21, 2020

Note from RFV letter-
It seems like you have received both - PPR and RFV (not sure why this happened but is seems like a mistake). Since you are now a permanent resident and your dependent needs to get the visa stamped with passport, I will suggest use the RFV since its more recent, and provided after your COPR.

Also, submit a webform explaining the situation so they are aware. Pretty sure you will get a generic response but at least they will have these notes on your file.

Reactions: Sanjay35821

Sanjay35821

Star Member
Aug 9, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-08-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2020
It seems like you have received both - PPR and RFV (not sure why this happened but is seems like a mistake). Since you are now a permanent resident and your dependent needs to get the visa stamped with passport, I will suggest use the RFV since its more recent, and provided after your COPR.

Also, submit a webform explaining the situation so they are aware. Pretty sure you will get a generic response but at least they will have these notes on your file.
Thank much. Yes, I have raised the webform and sent an email for clarification but don't want to hold so I have also raised the webform with VFS, and actually, I was thinking to send both letters instead ? Do you see any harm if I send both?

Nov 21, 2020
Thank much. Yes, I have raised the webform and sent an email for clarification but don't want to hold so I have also raised the webform with VFS, and actually, I was thinking to send both letters instead ? Do you see any harm if I send both?
I dont think there's any harm. If I was you I'd use the RFV letter cause two letters might just confuse them..

Reactions: Sanjay35821

anki91

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hi..

My husband is PA(Inland) has received ecopr on 26th Nov.. in ECOPR, the place of birth has 12 letters and last 3 letters are missing.
Do we need to correct it ?

please advise

KDelhi88

Oct 15, 2021
@legalfalcon could you please help here?

Hi All,

I have 2 questions, please confirm -

I will be landing in Toronto in Dec end and I have a close relative with permanent address in Ottawa (another province). Can I give her address as mailing address during landing as me and my spouse will still be looking for a permanent address?

kt8476

Sep 8, 2021
Heyy @Shik18 and @express_entry_applicant, reaching out to you both as i assume you must be engaged with the same process. Please help me out with something. Since the rfv was adressed to me, I raised the VFS webform under my(PA's) name with my spouse's contact details, address and email. He got the link, made the payment and has now received consent form and courier request form.
In the applicant details section in these forms, Do I again put in PA details, or dependent has to put in his details(Name, email)?
Thanks heaps in advance guys. Any valuable inputs from ppl who have gone through this process would be of tremendous help. :)

Manishamahajan58

Oct 19, 2019
Hi,

I am CEC candidate with outland dependent.
I received portal email on 26th Nov 2021 while I was india and replied them back telling the same.

Today I got another email of credials and IRCC have asked to reply them back in 7 days to tell if I'm in Canada. I am going to stay in India till January.

Please tell want to do now.
@legalfalcon @legalfalconindia please help