+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

umayadav

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
hello,

After repeatedly calling the IRCC call center, I got to know that, my file did not have application processing fees and RPRF attached for my spouse. I'd sent a web form with payment receipt in mid-Aug, but they still didn't enter it in the system. Fortunately, the agent entered the reference number in the system.

But the agent also told me i need to pay 85$ extra. Earlier i'd paid 1325 CAD in total for the processing and RPRF. My spouse already had biometrics registred for another application. Do i need to pay 85$ for the biometrics fees again for the PR application?

@legalfalcon Please help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hello,

After repeatedly calling the IRCC call center, I got to know that, my file did not have application processing fees and RPRF attached for my spouse. I'd sent a web form with payment receipt in mid-Aug, but they still didn't enter it in the system. Fortunately, the agent entered the reference number in the system.

But the agent also told me i need to pay 85$ extra. Earlier i'd paid 1325 CAD in total for the processing and RPRF. My spouse already had biometrics registred for another application. Do i need to pay 85$ for the biometrics fees again for the PR application?

@legalfalcon Please help.

If the biometrics have been done and a few paid earlier, you do not have to pay the fee again. Also, before paying any fee, a formal request should be sent from IRCC and not over the phone.

Reactions: umayadav
Nov 21, 2020
Just received RFV email for dependent. The email is adressed to me(PA) though. Is that how it's supposed to be?
Hi - I just received the RFV email as well. After a few minutes I received a follow up email from them stating:

Even though the previous letter was addressed to you, the content of this letter is intended for your accompanying family members. Please advise them to follow the instructions specified in the letter.

Shik18

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
Just received RFV email for dependent. The email is adressed to me(PA) though. Is that how it's supposed to be?
Yeyy.. same here just received.. :) and addressed to me.. and I got one more email “sun: follow up information “ and it is clearly mentioned in this email that

“Even though the previous letter was addressed to you, the content of this letter is intended for your accompanying family members. Please advise them to follow the instructions specified in the letter.”

So I think we are good..

Ashish_2021

Sep 29, 2021
Just received email regarding dependents Ready for Visa for Spouse and not for Child.
Does new Application # E#### is created after re-medical for dependents...?
For Child will get separate email or it will be combine..?
Please suggest

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajinder1234

vik.k

May 11, 2015
@legalfalcon , need your help. my dependent got the copr and visa stamped on the passport. Everything is fine but the place of birth is wrong. They have mentioned my place of birth (city) on her copr. Rest everything is fine..(DOB, Name, Country, passport number)
Do we need to send it back for correction or it could be corrected at landing.

Reactions: Rajinder1234

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , need your help. my dependent got the copr and visa stamped on the passport. Everything is fine but the place of birth is wrong. They have mentioned my place of birth (city) on her copr. Rest everything is fine..(DOB, Name, Country, passport number)
Do we need to send it back for correction or it could be corrected at landing.

You can request IRCC to correct it, but usually, there is no response from IRCC. The only way to go about is to file a formal request

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Even if left uncorrected, it will not have any impact as your identity document is your passport which has the correct info.

vik.k

May 11, 2015
You can request IRCC to correct it, but usually, there is no response from IRCC. The only way to go about is to file a formal request

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Even if left uncorrected, it will not have any impact as your identity document is your passport which has the correct info.
Thanks Sir for the prompt reply. My spouse is planning to land next month. Will there be any complications while landing or she can land with the same and then get it corrected when landing. Your response will be really appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks Sir for the prompt reply. My spouse is planning to land next month. Will there be any complications while landing or she can land with the same and then get it corrected when landing. Your response will be really appreciated.
No issues at all while landing.

Sanjays2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
After filling the web form for vfs passport submission, how many days it takes to get payment link?
I had raised webform on Sunday Morning and I got the payment link on Monday afternoon. We immediately paid and received the AWB number late evening same day. all these times are in IST.

Reactions: LOVEDEEPS