Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Anjana gokul

Star Member
Nov 4, 2021
Kochi
Category........
CEC
Hi,

I am a inland applicant with dependents overseas (India).
I received my PR portal confirmation in my GCKEY account on October 28th reverted through email on November 3rd to ircc portal email I'd but till date have not received login credentials.

Can anyone suggest how long would it take?
Can you share timeline?? AOR date?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @swapanathorat @legalfalcon Need your kind help please !!! I have received the email just now. I am currently in Canada and my outland dependents (Spouse and Daughter) are in India and they have never landed into Canada. I have received the eCoPR through Portal last week and I am now waiting for the PR card in my Canada mail address. Is this the PPR for my Outland dependents ? I am confused because they have mentioned below that ----

"B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)."

Could you please suggest my next steps ? Thanks much in advance for your kind clarification !!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa
Inbox

Do Not Reply CPC-O / Ne Pas Repondre CTD-O (IRCC) <IRCC.DoNotReplyCPC-O-NePasRepondreCTD-O.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
3:10 PM (52 minutes ago)
to me

Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Date: November 23, 2021
UCI: *********
Application: *********
Name : ******
Email : *******

Dear *********:

Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our CPC-Ottawa office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation.

Due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, if you are unable to provide the requested documents by the due date, please advise our office. We understand that some documentation may be unobtainable at this time. Your application will not be refused because you are unable to provide the requested document on time.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
Change in health;
You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.

Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:

You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit.
You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).

*** Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents. You must provide an ordinary passport. ***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter.

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

A) To submit your package while overseas:

Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.

For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

NOTE: Permanent Resident document(s) Validity

The issuance of your Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.

Once you receive your Permanent Resident document(s), please verify the information on it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform our CPC-Ottawa office via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp immediately. Your name will appear in the same format as it appears in your passport.

Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.
Are the addresses on file for your dependents correct?

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Hi @swapanathorat @legalfalcon Need your kind help please !!! I have received the email just now. I am currently in Canada and my outland dependents (Spouse and Daughter) are in India and they have never landed into Canada. I have received the eCoPR through Portal last week and I am now waiting for the PR card in my Canada mail address. Is this the PPR for my Outland dependents ? I am confused because they have mentioned below that ----

"B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas)."

Could you please suggest my next steps ? Thanks much in advance for your kind clarification !!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa
Inbox

Do Not Reply CPC-O / Ne Pas Repondre CTD-O (IRCC) <IRCC.DoNotReplyCPC-O-NePasRepondreCTD-O.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
3:10 PM (52 minutes ago)
to me

Primary Office: CPC-Ottawa

Date: November 23, 2021
UCI: *********
Application: *********
Name : ******
Email : *******

Dear *********:

Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our CPC-Ottawa office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation.

Due to the current situation regarding the novel coronavirus, if you are unable to provide the requested documents by the due date, please advise our office. We understand that some documentation may be unobtainable at this time. Your application will not be refused because you are unable to provide the requested document on time.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:

Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
Change in health;
You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.

Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)

Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp

If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family member. Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months and have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child.

Please note that you STILL need to submit your passport(s) even if:

You or your accompanying family members have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa or permit.
You or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

Note: All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.

If your passport is from a country whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or your passport is from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and each accompanying family member (Note: any accompanying family member whose passport does require a visa however, will need to submit their original passport as per Step 2a). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months. Please do not send your original passport(s).

*** Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent resident visas cannot be issued on Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents. You must provide an ordinary passport. ***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter.

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. Photos MUST meet the precise specifications found in the link below or in Appendix A at the end of this letter. If you submit photos that do not meet the exact specifications, your package will be returned to you. www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

4. If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt. To pay your fees online, click here: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do.

5. The height and eye colour (for both eyes) for the Principal Applicant and all of his accompanying dependants

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

A) To submit your package while overseas:

Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.

For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).

NOTE: Permanent Resident document(s) Validity

The issuance of your Permanent Resident document(s) is time sensitive so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) as requested.

Once you receive your Permanent Resident document(s), please verify the information on it is correct. If there are any errors, such as incorrect spelling of name or incorrect date of birth, please inform our CPC-Ottawa office via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp immediately. Your name will appear in the same format as it appears in your passport.

Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date.

You must travel to Canada and present your immigration documents at a Canadian Port of Entry before they expire. The validity of the Permanent Resident documents cannot be extended. If you fail to enter Canada before this date and still wish to immigrate to Canada, you must reapply by submitting a new application and paying new processing fees. All such applications will be assessed according to the immigration laws in force at the time of receipt of the application. There is no guarantee a future application would be successful.
Yes.. It PPR.

lolkkwtfbbq

Jul 24, 2018
Hi all. Need some assistance. My wife passport was returned today without stamping with the reason ticked on the letter "Please do not submit your passport unless you are asked to do so. We will contact you when we are ready to finalize your application."

We used a PPR received in our CIC account. We submitted wife's passport with that PPR. Why did they return our passport?

I also have a RFV email in my email account that was received after we had already submitted wife's passport using the CIC account PPR. The email was dated Oct 7 2021 and says we have 30 days to submit the passport. Now, it is 24 November, already over the 30 day deadline. I want to ask if we have to ask for a new RFV email from IRCC or can we use this one even though it is over the 30 day deadline?

Please assist...really need some assistance. @legalfalcon

I already have my COPR - got it on September 23. Wife passport was sent after when we got the PPR in CIC account.

Last edited:

Loren27

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi all. Need some assistance. My wife passport was returned today without stamping with the reason ticked on the letter "Please do not submit your passport unless you are asked to do so. We will contact you when we are ready to finalize your application."

We used a PPR received in our CIC account. We submitted wife's passport with that PPR. Why did they return our passport?

I also have a RFV email in my email account that was received after we had already submitted wife's passport using the CIC account PPR. The email was dated Oct 7 2021 and says we have 30 days to submit the passport. Now, it is 24 November, already over the 30 day deadline. I want to ask if we have to ask for a new RFV email from IRCC or can we use this one even though it is over the 30 day deadline?

Hello did they send you passport request for dependents? And did they tell you that you re pr application is almost complete in the passport request?

lolkkwtfbbq

Jul 24, 2018
Hello did they send you passport request for dependents? And did they tell you that you re pr application is almost complete in the passport request?
I already got my COPR in September 23, 2021. So we got the PPR after my COPR. The PPR letter clearly states that " This is in reference to your application for permanent residence. To finalize your application, we require your for your dependent:

instructions of passport submission etc."

The PPR letter in CIC account was also issued by New Delhi...now New Delhi says that they didn't ask for the passport..

Loren27

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
I already got my COPR in September 23, 2021. So we got the PPR after my COPR.
In my situation my husband is inland and the agency already send thru mail his pr card..and he recieve also letter of ppr inside the letter it says he almost complete and the ircc said that your dependents or overseas accompanying must submit the passport near the vfs in there country.so i gather all the documents and i already send it yesterday

Loren27

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Why did you send your passport without IRCC requesting for it.
The passport request of my husband from the calgary and the agency send me and to my husband also...actually the copr of my husband send to his email oct and the agency already send to mail his pr card and he is inland right now are you inland also? Me and my children is accompanying under his copr

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981

I already have my COPR - got it on September 23. Wife passport was sent after when we got the PPR in CIC account.
Did you sent the copy of the PPR letter with the Package?

lolkkwtfbbq

Jul 24, 2018
Did you sent the copy of the PPR letter with the Package?
Yes. I had received my COPR. My wife sent her passport AFTER IRCC requested it through the CIC account by issuing a request letter. It was NOT sent before.

We also sent all the documents as requested including the PPR letter with the package..triple checked everything..

lolkkwtfbbq

Jul 24, 2018
Why did you send your passport without IRCC requesting for it.
It was sent when IRCC requested for it. It was requested through the CIC account.

Timeline of events:
COPR for myself, Inland - 23 Sept 2021
PPR for wife - 28 Sept 2021
Reached IRCC Delhi on 11 Oct 2021
Processing until 22 November 2021 - Dispatch email return received
Passport received without stamp - 24 November 2021

We followed all instructions. Everything was in order. COPR for Inland, PPR for outland. Sent after IRCC requested it. They still returned it saying we didn't ask for it.

lolkkwtfbbq

Jul 24, 2018
But you said rfv email was received on 7th October hence they returned it. Send again with the rfv email
Yeah. They sent an RFV email as well. Not sure why when we already got PPR in the CIC account.

Are we able to use the expired RFV or do we need to get a new one issued from IRCC?

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Urgent Help need:
Need to submit passport
1. Do we need to submit copy of PA application passport copy?
2. Do we need to enclosed an envelop for return?
3. What size of envelop should I use? A4?